1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Sirius XM App

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by jdephilly, Aug 17, 2010.

1. jdephilly

jdephilly New Member

Feb 17, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Hi All,
    I am a owner of a new Captivate. My first Android Phone.
    I d/l the Sirius XM App from Sirius, but when I try to install it, I get an error message on my phone that says "Install Blocked. For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not sourced in Android Market"

Can anyone help me please???

thanks

j

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Also you might need to check Unknown Sources if you find the app elsewhere and download it to your phone and try to install it.

settings>applications>unknown sources needs to be checked.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    AT&T has blocked all non-market apps from being installed.

6. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Wow. That is completely insane. Sell Android phones then cripple them like iPhones.

Sent from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    It is! Atleast someone came up with a sideloading program so AT&T customers can join in our fun

8. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Doesnt that kind of negate the purpose of having Open Source programs? I predict a class action suit in the near future, unless theres a viable reason why.

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Well, yes and no I suppose. Yes because you cant load up special apk files (like creating new keyboard layouts and betas) and no because well, the apps in the market ARE open sourced.

I suppose they are doing it to protect the consumer and cut back on issues with phones. Very Apple mentality, they know whats best. FAIL

10. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    agreed, FAIL to the max. Its just really wierd that they would not allow that...Im sure someone over at XDA will find a way to change this.

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    There is, in the link I posted in my first post :)

12. Woofus

Woofus New Member

Oct 16, 2010
    I'd just like to go on record and say that the "Sideload Wonder Machine" is AWESOME!