1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Slow Tab

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by remoticboy, Aug 10, 2013.

1. remoticboy

remoticboy New Member

Aug 10, 2013

Sponsored Ad

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100. It has 1 GB ram and 16 GB of internal memory. But once I installed many apps (social apps like whatsapp, facebook and games like need for speed most wanted, etc) and added some music and movies to the memory, it was getting a bit less responsive as it was earlier. Only 770 MB ram is shown and almost 80-85% is used all the time. I have 2 questions all together.

1. Should I buy a Class 10 memory card for my tab so that I can move all my media and apps to the sd card and keep the internal memory free totally? will that in any chance improve the performance of my tab?

2. Even though they say 32 GB of external memory is supported, I'm a bit suspicious and was planning to buy a 16 GB Class 10 memory card. Am I wrong here?

2. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    I am not familiar with your tab. I don't have one myself. But if it says it supports 32 GB, I would try that. If it doesn't work, just return it for a 16.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Everything Android

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    1) You can certainly free up a great deal of the internal memory by moving media such as music, video, pictures and such to an SD Card. You can also store applications that are not being used there, but applications have to be installed to the device in order to function. Some apps permit application data to be stored on SD Cards, but I am not sure if tablets have that function.

You should really take a look at what you have downloaded and installed to make sure you hold on to the apps you use and delete any that you downloaded just in case you might want to use it or if you tried an app and decided it wasn't for you. Also, what applications might be constantly running in the background. Apps like Facebook are notorious for being memory hogs.

2) If 32GB cards are supported why not try one? You could certainly try a 16GB to see how moving items back and forth works and then jump in to a larger card too. My experience with memory is that bigger is better, but that is me. The larger the card and the more full a card is the longer searches might take.

5. remoticboy

remoticboy New Member

Aug 10, 2013
    thanks stevetaz! great answer.

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Thanks. Let us know what works for you and if you were able to free up the memory you expected to have....