1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

SMS to e-mail

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by nesknowitall, Nov 24, 2009.

1. nesknowitall

nesknowitall New Member

Apr 19, 2008

Sponsored Ad

I am looking for a program that will allow me to read my SMS messages (sent and recieved) through an e-mail address. I still want to be able to read them on my phone but would like to have it also sent to my e-mail address. The closest app I could find that would do this is sms to mail box pro. It's about $5 but I was wondering if there was a free version out there or something similar someone else has been using.

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    If you have the e-mail sent to a G-mail account, there is a free app called SMS Backup that makes a folder in your G-mail account called SMS. All you texts get saved there...

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. nesknowitall

nesknowitall New Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Does it backup sent and received txts

5. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    "You'll be able to browse and search your incoming and outgoing messages - neatly put into threads - under the "SMS" label in Gmail. To browse your backed up messages, log into Gmail and click on "SMS" in the labels box, which is located in the left sidebar."

http://code.google.com/p/android-sms/wiki/UserGuide

Google is your friend.

6. bass_lover1

bass_lover1 New Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Google Voice will do this, though you have to get an invite and start giving out your GV number to people.

I use it, and it works really well.