1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

So, how do you like your Atrix so far? User Updates Please....

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by smf98aggie, Apr 11, 2011.

1. smf98aggie

Bronze

Jan 11, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Well, it's been a little while now since the Atrix came out (chose it over the HTC Inspire), so I thought I would see how everyone is liking it so far. I've had mine for exactly a month now as of Saturday (my 30 day return deadline).

Besides the whole debacle I had with the first one dropping on the ground after 3 days of use, I would have to say I'm pretty pleased with this phone. It was hard at first to get used to it, bc I was so used to my iPhone, but after MANY days of playing around with it (and getting Launcher Pro Plus), I think I've tweaked it to my liking. I did, however, find that a lot of my personalization tweaks mimicked my iPhone's UI, but with other WAY BETTER features.

Here are a few of the highlighted features I added:

1. Beautiful Widgets ($2.85)- My main issue with kind of wanting the Inspire more was the Sense look with the really cool clock/weather widget on the front. This took care of that; and more :D
    2. EarthRot Live Wallpaper (free)- This thing is just way cool! You'll have to check it out for yourself if you don't know what I'm talking about.
    3. Business Calendar (free)- Hated my standard calendar. LOVE this one. Best one I've found so far.
    4. Launcher Pro Plus ($3.49)- Tried ADW Launcher first, but hated it. Then I figured out that I couldn't revert back to my original launcher (they don't tell you that!), so i install Launcher Pro to test it out. Liked it so much that I decided to buy the Plus unlock code. Very cool home launcher!

I would list my really cool apps, but I'm at work right, so I don't have time, but I would love to hear everyone else's experiences and cool apps they have. Shawn

2. smf98aggie

Bronze

Jan 11, 2011
    So, nobody likes their Atrix? O_o

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    I loved the atrix but returned it due to the lackluster "4G" speeds. Download was fine but AT&T capping the upload really irked me. Went with the thunderbolt on Verizon and couldn't be happier. LTE speeds are amazing. And to top it off I have unlimited data vs 2 gb with AT&T. Hardware wise really loved the atrix and probably prefer it to the Thunderbolt. I'll be getting the Bionic which is very similar to the Atrix as soon as Verizon releases it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Everything Android

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Thought I read the Bionic was canceled?

6. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    That was a very unsubstantiated rumor. If you know who black_man_x is at all and follow him, he is very well in the know and has a very solid track record. He works for Verizon and had the 3/17 release pegged before all the crazy release date rumors started flying. He stated the Bionic is still on Target for its regularly scheduled release

Sent from my ADR6400L using Everything Android

7. Leandro Lopes

Leandro Lopes New Member

May 30, 2011
    Hi there,
    I am really loving my atrix, I too have done the change from an iphone, but didn't really felt about it. The only bummer for me is the wait for the update 2.3. And now, the rumors about icecream. Hehehe
    It's kind annoying to have such a great hardware, and be stuck with the software.
    I get a lot of great apps, but there is one that ir really recommend: camera 360, it seems like I finally get the real potential from atrix's camera. I liked it so much I get the full version. Even if you use only the normal mode, it's a great improvement from the native app. resolved all the problems with bad colors and poor balance.

Sent from my MB860 using Everything Android