1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

So, if'n I were gonna root?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by sulster, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Easy is a relative term, read up a few posts where I mentioned you have to go BACK to Froyo to root. I am sure they are cooking up something to root for those who don't want to mess with going back software versions and such.

2. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    As far as the x goes I say try to SBf. Back to froyo. If it doesn't work u can always say it just stopped working and get a new one.........well u could

But what problems are u having?

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    So hockey how are you liking CM7? I think I may flash it in a second

5. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    nah i think im gonna hold still on apex 1.4.1 for now. Once everything is fully functional though.......BAM!

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I do, I like it a lot.

7. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    have you found the theme that the camera works in? Its prolly gonna be fully functional by tomorrow (or later on today) anyway, hah?

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Say what now?

9. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    Lol, They say there is a built in theme that came with CM7 that allows the camera/camcorder to work. I found this just by skimming through the thread so....maybe it's not true?

10. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    actually they say fast burst camera works on it too

11. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    who am i kidding im flashing it in a sec
    * I can already notice a difference in responsiveness

O Im loving this!!!

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    LOL, well that worked out well. Glad you are liking it.

13. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    So did u do it? Want me to walk u through it? The process would be for u to .sbf down to froyo then root and install bootstrap. After that either go through the motions for cm7 or move on to gingerbread. The way I did it last was to flash the 3 part .zip and then flash to .596

14. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Ah, definitely best to follow root advice from someone on the same device and better yet, carrier.

Long time fan of CM btw, run their nightlies + custom kernels, like the new call recording feature, has it crossed over to other devices yet?

On the Tit Backup, don't forget to copy the folder off your device if DroidX ROMs leverage partitioned SD cards. Also remember that a class 6 or class 10 will boost performance.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

15. bigierc

bigierc New Member

Apr 19, 2011
    How can u tell if it is running froyo or gingerbread? I'll have to find the thread of how to go back to the Android 2.2 so I can then root correct. ? Is there any plus of staying with the 2.3.3 ? Or if I go back to the 2.2 and then root with a Rom will I be good. Guess I'm just not fully understanding it all after reading so much

Sent from my PC36100 using Everything Android

16. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Settings | About Phone

2.2.x = Froyo
    2.3.x = Gingerbread

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

17. bigierc

bigierc New Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Ok got ya. So I am running gingerbread. Is there a way go go back to the froyo so I can root ? I found one place but not sure ignite is right spot looking at the date it was posted. Just don't want to load in the wrong thing

Sent from my PC36100 using Everything Android

18. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
  19. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    On the droid x turn off your phone. Now hold the camera button,volume up and power to power up the phone. If this takes you to the bootloader, tell me what version number is it. Don't worry this won't erase anything and you can just do a battery pull to get out of it

20. bigierc

bigierc New Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Guess I am just hosed for now . I will have to wait until they root this version. Not like I haven't waited this long to wanna try it..
    Keep me posted thanks

21. bigierc

bigierc New Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I am running Sprint HTC evo

Supersonic EVT2-3 ship S-on
    Hboot 2.16.0001
    Microp-041f
    Touch panel- atmel 224-16ab
    Radio 2.15.00.05.02
    March 8 2011

Android 2.3.3.