1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

So, if'n I were gonna root?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by sulster, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006

Sponsored Ad

Well, I might do this now. My X decided to update itself and now it's not rooted anymore and is AWFULLY slow.

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Thought you did this already! (Usually, I am the slowest to do anything to their phone!)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006
    Well, I rooted but stayed with the plain Gingerbread.

5. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    An AOSP build. CM7 feels very much like an AOSP and yet has tons more under the covers. There's a reason Steve got hired by Samsung.

6. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Only thing Im confused on is the fact that it updated itself without asking you. That would upset me too....ESPECIALLY with everything I have on my phone.

7. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006
    I don't even know what that means, but it sounds horribly exciting!! :) One of the things that has scared me offa CM7 is that I keep seeing something about weekly/nightly updates or something...

Weapondrift, it was the most bizarre thing ever. It's almost like it did one of those your computer will update and reboot UNLESS you say no and it did it when i was asleep or something. But, none of my apps were affected! I didn't even have to redo Settings!

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    CM7 has nightly updates, but you dont need to do it. It only updates when YOU want to update and a lot of the time there are no updates for your device. But updates are run nightly regardless of any fixes or changes for your device. If you find a nightly that works for you and works well then there is no reason to update unless you feel adventurous. I updated each nightly for about 2 months, then got tired of redoing some settings so now I just update when I feel like it or a new android version comes out. Last one I did was when 2.3.5 came out, which was earlier this month or late last month.

The device should never update without asking you first, especially when rooted. Not sure how that happened!

9. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006
    Where do I get the CM7?

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    ROM Manager would be easiest for you I think.
    You can also download from a website and flash the file via recovery too.

11. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006
    Okay, I'm flashing back to Froyo now, then will run Z4 Root and THEN use Rom MAnager?

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    If your currently still not rooted, then yes. Unless there is a root tool that has come out to root stock 2.3 on the DX

13. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    huh? not very familiar with the DroidX. do you have CWR? can't you just wipe and flash the ROM you want?

oh, sorry, you've still to get root.

14. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006
    I'm annoyed with Verizon about this, but at least I am finally going to switch ROMS :)

15. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006
    Cyanogen not a choice on Rom Manager on my phone. Downloaded something called Liquid Smooth Gingerbread or some such. Currently watching my screen in what appears to be a bootloop with fancy blue graphics.

16. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    I am looking forward to Root my Galaxy Tab 2, Can any one help me on this matter?

17. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Yeah. Go back to 2011,when this was posted.

18. EdwardSmith36

EdwardSmith36 New Member

Jan 2, 2016
    There are many apps that will allow you to root in a single click. See in play store or app store.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.