1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

So. Is ur DX a lil' Gingy now?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Blackmet0, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Have you upgraded to gingerbread?
    Do you like it?
    Are you really missing anything from Froyo now?
    Did you get the OTA update?
    How do you feel about tethering NOW?

2. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    I checked earlier. I am still unable to get OTA. And I would prefer to wait until I can have root access.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    There is a rooted version available, I read about it today. Cant recall which site it was.

Sent from my Xoom using Everything Android

5. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Yeah, I saw that after I posted. But it's still too much work. I think I will wait. Yes I am that lazy.

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Probably wont have to wait to long.

Sent from my Xoom using Everything Android

7. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    never went to gingerbread and stayed because they all seem to have some kind of issue. For the most part I have been running apex on froyo but right now I am just gonna back to stock and use apps like bloat freezer etc. to retain functionality I am used to. What do you guys think?

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Your going to go to stock gingerbread?

9. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    no im going back to stock froyo. I didnt use it long but i think the only thing that irk'd me about it was the unnecessary vzw bloat

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Why when Gingerbread is out?

11. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    Its not the official release though is it?
    Or have i missed something?
    and from what i have read all gingerbread releases have some kind of issues right now right?

and besides based on what i last read Id have to go back to stock froyo to go to gingerbread anyway right?

fell out of the loop in the past coupla days

12. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    o well im gonna try gingy anyway since i am back to stock. The quadrant scores have me amped about it again. so first im flashing the stock leak and then the updated leak.........

Only thing I really want is the youtube app back. Going thru the browser is pissing me off but mostly all i watch are the music video so i guess im stuck in buffer land

13. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I thought the Verizon OTA was released and people were flashing it.

14. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    nah not yet. on the Dx everyone is running leaks. We still havent seen the full rollout of GB yet

15. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    On GB now and so far it has only lagged once while sending a text so we will see

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

16. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    Tried it but phone would restart randomly........now running froyo customized by me,no custom rom

17. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    from what I read its supposed to be the 13th

18. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    Alas I am back on gingerbread,this time running. 595 and after a few bootloops while trying to install it I can honestly say.......so far so good
    O and just installed the imoseyon.zip with no issues so apparently it should run just as good as any custom rom now

19. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    Just as an update, currently I am running gb. 595 leak with broodcomb 3 from drewgaren.com

Sent from the Broodcomb

20. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    How is it running for you?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android

21. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    well of course it was running excellently but i couldnt leave well enough alone. I just had to see what everybody was gabbing about, so i flashed zombiestomped 1.7 and the first day on that was GREAT. Now my google results page seems to not be formatted for my phone and just gives me a plain white page with info and links that just looks like the page hasnt finished loading. Gonna clear the data and cache and see what happens but other than that its running solid. Now that I think of it, I did choose to undervolt the phone in the ZS customizer so maybe that is causing the issue? Gonna undo that too and see what happens