1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

So it fell in the toilet and now its actig weird

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by ItFellInTheToilet, Apr 13, 2014.

1. ItFellInTheToilet

ItFellInTheToilet New Member

Apr 13, 2014

Sponsored Ad

I dont know if i am posting this on the right forums, if not please still help me. Thanks!

Ok, so my phone fell in the toilet. Yes, it fell in the toilet and it works perfectly fine! Well, atleast i THOUGHT it was working fine. After my phone fell in the toilet, my dumb phone thinks that there is a headset plugged in it but there isnt any. Therefore i can NOT hear any media volume out of it, and when i am calling someone, i can't hear what they say or speak to them through the phone. And yes i can fix that by using my earbuds or my headset. But theres no way that i am going to keep using my headset or earbuds everyday just to hear the media volume. All the other volumes work, like the notification, ringer, etc. And after going through all that, it seems like i found another problem with my dumb phone. I dont know if you call this a problem but to me,it is a veeeery BIG BIG problem..So, other then the media volume problem, when i press the home button, it takes me to a completly different home screen. I wasnt expecting that at all. It didnt really matter to me to but then it started to appear randomly when i am searching on the web. So now its really irritating me, because i have no damn clue to why its appearing and iv'e never seen this before. I been using my phone for 2 years and this never happened before. So i thought this must be an app and so i uninstalled almost all my apps. Aaand its still appearing, and i cant really seem to get out of it unless i press the back button...but if i press the back button it opens the app i was using before....And to describe how the screen looks like, its blue and there are widgets on the botton, it shows the date and time. I can also go to the settings but i cnt seem to remove it..so any fix for this? And sorry but i am definally not going to the phone store to pay and have my phone fixed because i have no cash on me. So this aaaall happended after i fell in toilet..I aso forgot to say that i am currently using *GoLauncher*

Look at the pictures to see what the screen looks like:

Attached Files:

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    You are describing classic symptoms of water damage. I would fear you did not wait long enough for everything to dry out completely before resisting the urge just to see if it would work.

After it jumped into the toliet what exactly did you do and how long did you let it dry if you did?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. ItFellInTheToilet

ItFellInTheToilet New Member

Apr 13, 2014

I didnt do anything to it, because right after it fell in the toilet, i picked it up really fast. So nothing happened to it, it didnt turn off or anything. So i was like, Ok phone is perfectly fine, good.. I did wipe off all the water too. And after 2 hours i finally noticed that my phones media volume is not working, and yeah then the blue screen started to show up randomly. if you havent looked at the images yet, please do because it shows how the blue screen looks like.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I was afraid of that. Water and electronics don't mix no matter how short a time. The only chance to mitigate damage is to immediately remove the battery and place all in a bag or bowl of uncooked rice, which absorbs moisture. A minimum of three to five days is suggested because water gets under circuit boards and into crevices.

Damage occurs as soon as current runs through the device due to water acting as a conductor shorting out circuits.

Sorry to say but the phone is a goner. It will only get worse over time and there is no fix including part replacements as the damage has been spread by crossed circuits.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Everything Android mobile app

6. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Steve's right. Mine was a pool instead of a toilet. Damage was the same. And there was no way I could wait for 5 days without my phone.