1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

So no more Nexus One direct sales, who will sell it?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, May 15, 2010.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

So Google will stop direct sales of the Nexus One and instead sell it at retailers -- at least that's what I got from the announcement.

Wireless carriers aren't going to want it. Maybe Best Buy?

Sounds to me like it's just going to go away.

Thoughts?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I think its about time.

But I think its to late for the nexus one.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    to my understanding, I think a few retailers are still selling the device (t-mobile?) so I think this may be an instore sell only.

5. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    It's a developer phone now, so it is more than likely being EOLed, too bad because it is a awesome phone but Google killed it with how they sold and marketed it. Only phone I like better than the N1 is the EVO.

6. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Love my Nexus One. I'm a developer (technically), so checked it out yesterday online. Looked quickly, but couldn't tell if it supported AT&T bands (which mine does). I think this might be the original T-Mobile bands.

If the Nexus One did anything, it shows there is a market for a kick ass stock Android device.

7. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    Yeah, I've gotten mixed answers as to which carrier it'll support 3g for, but it seems to be leaning towards T-mo which I don't have and hate. Guess I'll watch ebay and CL for AT&T versions up for sale. My iPhone v1 is long in the tooth and I need a solid daily driver to use.

8. localgod808

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    They have a att and a tmobile version of the nexus one. So it'll support both 3g just get the right version.

Sent from my Nexus One using Everything Android app

9. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    It's actually only being sold with the T-mobile 3g bands only for the ADP3. to get a AT&T version it's eBay and craigslist...

10. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    That makes me even more happy that I picked up the AT&T version when it was available.

11. localgod808

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    Try Ebay it's where I got mine used. I got a deal; it came with a docking station. I still want to get a car dock though.

Sent from my Nexus One using Everything Android app

12. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    I was sad enough when I found out the CDMA version got scrapped. It just says "see the HTC Incredible for similar specs and features" I know a guy who has 12 unopened though. I believe he's selling them..

Sent from my HTC Incredible via the eA application

13. iloveandroid

iloveandroid New Member

Sep 23, 2010
    It's too bad to hear. May be the customer service for the phone will get ruined. I was working with a reputed consumer electronics and IT product manufacturing company. Best buy's was one of the worst service providers for the customers. They'll service the product without following the company policy and then they will tell the customer to contact the company service center, by the time warranty will be void. Hope, this doesn't happen with poor Google N1. I loved the phone, but Evo is my best choice now.