1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Soft reset

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by BigTK, Nov 8, 2010.

1. BigTK

Bronze

Jun 12, 2007

Sponsored Ad

I have to be rooted to soft reset you gotta be kidding me. Is there no other way.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android App

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    What do you soft reset?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android App

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    I thought a "soft reset" was the same thing as a power off/power on. Have also heard people say to pull battery while phone is still on....What exactly are you trying to do?

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

5. BigTK

Bronze

Jun 12, 2007
    Perhaps "soft reset" was bad terminology:016:upset. Does reboot translate to the Android platform:dft012:wink? I would like to push one button and have my phone power off and back on. I am aware that I could do this with the power button on top but I would have to take the two minutes out of my life to wait for the phone to power down then smash the button again, wait for it to power up, lock the screen and then go about my day. I want to hit a reboot button (available via a Widgetsoid widget) go brush my teeth, put on my pants then pick up my phone and put it in my pocket, the deed is done, without me having to wait. I realize this is not a major issue but one that I was used to doing every day or two with my WM devices.

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Yes there is a way, although the method I know is for HTC Phones, not sure if it works with non-HTC phones, also, are you able to get to HBoot or Recovery on your phone?

7. BigTK

Bronze

Jun 12, 2007
    Sadly without some Googling I have no idea what either of those terms refers to.

8. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Quick Boot.

*Oh wait. That probably requires root.

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

9. BigTK

Bronze

Jun 12, 2007
    Thanks for driving home my point. :dft011:tounge_out

10. BigTK

Bronze

Jun 12, 2007
    Found one called Fast Reboot. I will go out on a limb and guess none of you have tried it. It has 4 stars. I just may give it a shot.

Edit-Not a true reboot but it may do the job.

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    This is what I was referring to, but it is applied via recovery (or atleast the one I have does)

12. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    did it work for you TK?

13. BigTK

Bronze

Jun 12, 2007
    Only installed it today. I'm going to wait for the phone to get slow and see what it will do.

14. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    It's just a bare bones task killer. You might want to try something like System Panel Lite if you want to see what is running before you kill it.

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.