1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Some things I havent figure out with CM7

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Weapondrift, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Ive noticed since CM version of 2.2 that a few things have not happened with my phone.
    1) And Ive discussed this with you Sherri and Hockey, about my Maps. Maps pull up absolutly fine. however what my problem is, is that I cant get navigation to work...at all. maps shows where I am accuratly but when I open Navigation in any form it searches and searches for GPS at the bottom. It shows where I am on the map but doesnt tell me to go anywhere. I sat outside on a sunny day once for 3hrs hoping it was a satelite issue but that didnt help.

2) I havent found a setting yet in 2.3 that allows me to turn my ringtone AND my notifications to vibrate. Notifications all are silent. Any ideas?

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    I'll look at map/navigation in a bit. On my phone, under menu/settings/sound settings there I'd an option to have phone vibrate "always/never/only when in silent mode..." Is this what you mean?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    With regards to your maps issue.
    You can try a few things.
    1. Fix Permissions within ROM Manager
    2. Fix Perminssions within Recovery
    3. I would do a nandroid backup, then do a factory reset and redo the latest CM7 nightly and flash it. MY nav works just fine, used it yesterday.

For vibration, there are settings within the apps that add vibration to the notification sounds like Sherry mentioned.

5. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    ok the navigation stroll isnt working but vibration does

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android App

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Even after a full wipe?

7. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Just curious. what does "CM" mean. Probably something rooted, but curious.

8. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Cyanogen Mod (a ROM....)

9. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    even after

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Hmmm...can you flash different ROM and have it work?
    Are you sure GPS is turned on :D

11. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Honestly the last rom that worked with Navigation was JagerRom and that was an early 2.2 build.

Settings>Location>Use GPS Satellites is checked

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    That's very odd, perhaps its the phone?

unroot and go to stock to test?

13. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    oh god! you apparently forgot the hell I went through trying to root the FIRST time!
    I can flash a stock rom and nav works fine for me. I just dont want to have to constantly restore only for one thing.

14. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Did you try opening maps instead of navigation? I needed to do that once. Next time navigation worked.

15. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    well thats the thing. I can open Maps but when I need directions to a certain place I HAVE to open navigation.

16. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    In maps, can't you enter the addree you want? Once that is done, I get the option to show on a map, get directions or navigate...Navigate bring up the voice turn by turn directions...

17. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Ok I can enter all of the above, but to enter voice I have to hit the blue ^ button which enters navigation. And that is where its not working :)

18. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Very odd....Don't think it is an issue w/CM7, as too many others are not having this problem. Make sure maps/navigation is installed on phone, not sd card....

19. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Also, instead of tapping blue "navigation" button, try tapping "menu" and see if you can access it that way.

I know my sister has an Incredible (stock /no Modding) and she had a problem with navigation last week. By the time I saw her to "fix it" (yes, the irony of me knowing anything does not escape me....) it corrected itself. (She thinks I am a friggen' genius, but all I did was open the app!) Started "talking" on its own!

20. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    And if that doesnt work try to flash it again.

21. t3chn1k4l

t3chn1k4l Member

Jan 30, 2008
    Everytime I run Titaninum Backup It removes all my Facebook data from my contacts list, all my user data in my Bank of America app, and removes my programs that are installed on SD card out of my apps list. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it. (And I thought CM7 was supposed to be faaster than the stock ROM. My phone is slower than molasses now.)