1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Something better than OtterBox?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by dgray636, Jun 27, 2014.

1. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010

Sponsored Ad

As some of you here know, I have been a fan of OtterBox in the past. And some of you know that back in February, I switched to a Google Nexus 5. Those of you who don't know, OtterBox does not make a unit for the Nexus 5. I have gotten other cases since, but haven't been real thrilled with any of them. I almost considered changing devices just so I could get an OtterBox. Then last week, I came across a website for phone cases. The name of the company is Ballistic. And I think, not only did I find an acceptable case, but I may be a convert. It has a hard plastic shell, and a silicone cover. The plastic, though, is just one piece. The silicone has thick corners, for extra protection. And it doesn't add as much bulk to the device. If anyone is interested, here is the site: https://www.goballisticcase.com/

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Glad you are happy. It is odd that OtterBox chose to ignore the Nexus 5. That is how one loses customers.

I have heard good things about Ballistic. Spigen SlimArmor is another....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Oh well. My money is now their loss.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Everything Android mobile app