1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Spb Mobile Shell

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Apr 1, 2011.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Is anyone using this on Android? What are your experiences?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Looks real cool, but $15 for a UI? Pass.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I used it on WM. Definitely improved the stock functionality by a HUGE amount. I was just curious about on android because I have no problem with stock functionality and not sure what all mobile shell would bring. Stock android does virtually everything I want it to do with exception of decent exchange email and that was solved by touchdown.

5. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    Hey there EQBob! Been awhile.......
    As far as i can see it looks like it just makes the device look prettier and adds more menus to navigate through

6. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Hey Met0--agree with your assessment. The screencaps of it look like an almost bewieldering. Good to see you again.

7. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
  8. alostpacket

alostpacket Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Just wow

I dont think I ever heard of Android's UI referred to as "bloated" before. Especially compared to a crazy over the top tacky 3D UI.

Good ol engadget.

9. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Im liking it. It gives you a 3d version of the screens. since there is no instruction booklet your on your own trying to figure it out, but it only took me a day or so to get :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android

10. alostpacket

alostpacket Member

Mar 3, 2011
    That's cool if you like it, not my thing, but can understand why ya dig it.

I was pretty shocked to hear them called stock Android bloated though. I mean c'mon, bloated? heh - that review was pretty over the top biased too.

11. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    What does a 3D version of a screen mean? You ahve to use special glasses and stuff to see it?

12. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Lol no, no special glasses. Heres what I mean (its kinda hard to not say its 3d)

Attached Files:

13. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Isn't that just the rotating carousel to pick which screen to go to? Looks very similar to what they had in MS for WM.

14. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    it is, they did take some of the elements from their previous versions and implement them here.

15. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    Other users have also said that is great but to me it just seems so plain.
    If it really is good maybe they should make a commercial like this one (hidden meaning and all)

16. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    America needs to make every commercial like that...including the voice of William Defoe