1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

"speak now" stopped playing when I use the mic

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by tree hugger, Jan 8, 2016.

1. tree hugger

tree hugger New Member

Jan 8, 2016

Sponsored Ad

when I choose the mic to text, my phone used to make a sound , the same sound as when I receive a text. for some reason that sound has stopped and I want it back. I have turned on all the sound in the settings.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    What device are you using and which keyboard, the stock one, Swype or some other customized one?

Which settings have you "turned everything on" in?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. tree hugger

tree hugger New Member

Jan 8, 2016
    I have a tracfone LGL39C. I use the keyboard on the phone, the stock one. In settings, sound I have ringtone, notification, touch feedback and system (I don't even know what that is) volumes set to the max on setting. music is off.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    When did the sound stop and had you added any new apps or possibly upgraded the OS when the problem happened?

6. tree hugger

tree hugger New Member

Jan 8, 2016
    sound stopped after a year of use. I did add two new apps. I will uninstall them to see if it makes a difference.

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Which apps did you add and be sure to reboot the device after you uninstall.

Let us know what happens......

8. tree hugger

tree hugger New Member

Jan 8, 2016
    I had added a fast food app. Uninstalled it and re boot. I get tone when I receive a text, and a tone when I choose the mic to speak my text. But still no sound when the "speak now" words appear. I guess it is not a big deal. I have dropped the phone a couple of times. Maybe I broke something inside.

9. EdwardSmith36

EdwardSmith36 New Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Why don't you try to do hard reset & see the result.

10. Angelica

Angelica New Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Do you have any other texting apps installed, like WhatsApp? Maybe there's a conflict between two messaging apps.