1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Speaker Issues

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by n99hockey, Nov 15, 2009.

1. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007

Sponsored Ad

anyone having external speaker issues?

via Engadget

2. DroidRobot12

Bronze

Nov 13, 2009
    Vibrate is always an option but not a good one. I don't currently have this problem......< crosses fingers

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Not having any issue with the speaker on my Droid. Seems to be a big issue though...thankfully a software update will fix it, or at least it sounds like that will do the trick.

5. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I had this happen once when I used task manager to kill a process. I don't remember what process I killed but a reboot solved the issue for me.

6. techguru

techguru New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    There is some sequence of events that can cause all sounds to transition to the earpiece instead of the external speaker. I saw a post somewhere on one of these boards, but now can't find it. I think it has to do with receiving a call while using plug in headphones or something.

For me, the one time it happened, killing all active tasks resolved it, no reboot needed (but this thing reboots so fast, I don't mind if I need to).

Alan