1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Sprint? & the Evo 4G

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Donte, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Donte

Donte New Member

Apr 27, 2010

Sponsored Ad

Ok as I said in the pervious post, I really want this phone, but I have no idea on how good / bad Sprint is.

Can someone please fill me in on what to expect from Sprint. Thanks in advance for any info.

2. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    I used to have Sprint along time ago. I really didnt have any issues with either the services or the phone itself...however this (and Im showing my age here) was about 8+ years ago.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. ecaggiani

ecaggiani New Member

May 6, 2010
    I have been a Sprint customer for over 10 years now and have never had any issues. Their network is solid and I always get a good signal. My only complaint over the years has been the lack of cool phones...but with the Evo coming out, that's no longer a problem. I currently use the Hero and love it. If the Nexus One comes to Sprint, I'll have to decide between that and the Evo.

5. Donte

Donte New Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Isn't the Evo better than the Nexus 1 though. Seems like the choice would be easy. What would be your reason for getting the Nexus 1 over the Evo?

6. ecaggiani

ecaggiani New Member

May 6, 2010
    Size...the Evo looks quite large. The Nexus is a very comfortable size.

7. Napoleon_PhoneApart

Napoleon_PhoneApart New Member

May 2, 2010
    From what I understand, the EVO is about the same physical size as the iPhone.

8. ecaggiani

ecaggiani New Member

May 6, 2010
    Hmm, really? It says it has a 4.3" screen. That seems bigger than the iPhone.

9. wingnut144

Bronze

Jan 3, 2008
    From what I've found, the sizes are similar, but not exactly the same:

iPhone:
    • Dimensions: 4.5 inches by 2.4 inches by 0.48 inch (115.5 by 62.1 by 12.3 mm)
    • Weight: 4.7 ounces (133 grams)
    HTC EVO
    • Dimensions: 4.8" x 2.6" x .5" (LxWxT)
    • Weight: 6 ounces

10. JusSumguy

JusSumguy New Member

May 15, 2010
    That's because it's got a HUGE screen.

Nuttin but physics.

-

11. Culinarygoddess

Culinarygoddess New Member

May 22, 2010
    I have been with Sprint for 9 years and I must say we have our highs and lows as like any other company. Customer service has definitely steeped up their game though. On the Evo, it is comparable to the HTC HD2 in size from T-Mobile. Even though it is big read the stats they are giving on Ebay this phone has so many features that keeps coming out, that I didn't even know about. I can't wait to become a Android user.

12. ecaggiani

ecaggiani New Member

May 6, 2010
    Well I got lucky and got myself an Evo! I traded a T-mobile Nexus One for it from a guy who got the Evo from Google I/O. The screen is a thing of beauty and the phone is fast!

Unfortunately, no 4G where I live yet, but its coming!

So I have to say the Evo is better than the Nexus One in many ways. It's big but not bulky...its actually thinner than my Hero. Very happy!

--------
    Sent from my HTC Evo 'cause that's how I roll.

13. wingnut144

Bronze

Jan 3, 2008
    That just seems strange to me. Why would anyone trade a brand new Evo for a Nexus One? If this person didn't want it, he could have sold it for a lot more than trading it for old technology........

Somehow.....I'm not buying that story......... nice try though......

14. ecaggiani

ecaggiani New Member

May 6, 2010
    Hehe ok, don't believe it, but it's true. There were a few people on Craigslist doing trades. I was lucky enough to get one. Why would I lie?

15. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I hear there are people selling them from I/O.

How do you like it compared to the Nexus One?

Sent from my Nexus One using Everything Android app

16. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Totally believe you. I bought one on Craigslist in Dallas today. Rather I arranged to buy one. I'm picking it up tomorrow at noon. I like that the I/O units have free service till the 20th. If I decide I prefer my incredible ill just sell it for what I paid. I'm looking forward to trying the bigger screen. I'm having issues typing on the Incredible with my big hands.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android app

17. ecaggiani

ecaggiani New Member

May 6, 2010
    I like it better because of the huge screen and I'm a Sense fan. Also, I'm a Sprint customer and this makes sense to me :)

The 8mp camera is also very nice, not to mention the front facing camera for video chat.

--------
    Sent from my HTC Evo 'cause that's how I roll.

18. stormin07

stormin07 New Member

Feb 4, 2008
    My new EVO fits in the same case as my old Moto Q9C.

19. billnye97

Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Well I finally totally converted. I waited until the new iPhone was announced to see if I would stay with AT&T and return the Evo but the EVO has won. I ported over my number yesterday. For all of my needs the Evo is the perfect choice. I've gotten used to the Droid OS and the iPhone 4 really doesn't offer anything new.

20. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    awesome, welcome to the winning team! :p
    and welcome to eA!!

21. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Saw you posting at EIC in the EVO thread. Glad you decided to stick with the EVO. I think I really dig the new iPhone and OS 4.0 has potential but the notifications just kill me. I somehow Android handles them. And the Google navigation is also a big draw for me. Palm's webos notification system developer left palm for Apple the other day. Its obvious they will be working on it. Once the intrusive notifications are gone and widgets and a home screen are a possibility I might go back. I have an iPad to use as well so its not like I feel myself missing the iPhone. Kinda enjoying the best of both worlds.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android app