1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Sprint? & the Evo 4G

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Donte, Apr 30, 2010.

1. billnye97

Bronze

May 24, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I have an iPad to so that made the decision that much easier. I only have the Wifi only iPad so it's nice that I can tether my EVO to it. :)

2. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Yeah can't wait to be able to use my incredible as a WiFi hotspot. Come on froyo!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android app

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stormin07

stormin07 New Member

Feb 4, 2008
    The EVO is about the same size as the MOTO Q9C. Slightly larger than the iPhone, it just seems much larger due to the SIZE of the screen. The EVO is not uncomfortable to hold at all. It is one sweet phone. My only issues with Sprint is the time between cool phone launches and roaming data.

5. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    After spending most of the night waiting for the iPhone pre-order to go live, I started to think I want to get off the iPhone for awhile and port my AT&T number to Sprint for a EVO. Are they really sold out everywhere? Also, where can I see a 4g coverage map? I was also thinking of switching b/c of Sprint's everything plan, Is the $99 plan the cheapest one available that you can use on the EVO? Lastly, not a fan of the kickstand, is it firmly seated so that over time it doesn't loosen and starts stick out involuntarily?

Despite the android market paling in comparison to the apple app store I still believe in the potential of Android. So, is the EVO really all that and a bag of chips that it's worth putting down the iPhone for now?

6. billnye97

Bronze

May 24, 2010
    I switched from the iPhone to the Evo and I love it. The screen is very impressive. The kickstand is pretty cool but I think it will hold up fine. I was like you and needed a break from the iPhone. I've downloaded apps for the music player and texting that mimic the iPhone. I have the 450 anytime plan. It includes unlimited data and texts. The 450 anytime only goes towards land lines. Cell phones don't count towards the anytime minutes. Plus check with Sprint about an employer discount. I got 23% It is a tremendous savings over AT&T. I don't regret my purchase at all.

Sent from my HTC Evo using the Everything Android App.

7. billnye97

Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Oh the plan only costs $69.99 a month. But they do charge a $10 Premium data fee regardless if you are in a 4G area or not.

Sent from my HTC Evo using the Everything Android App.

8. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    It's sad that I am willing to put out the $199 to port over to Sprint and there isn't a EVO in sight.

9. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    Going to Radio Shack during lunch near my job and see if they have a EVO ;-)

Going to give the 450 minute everything plan.

10. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    That's not called sad, that's called love :D

Beta

11. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    Well, I'd LOVE to be able to buy one! lol.

12. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    Went to the local Radio Shack, no luck. They are out of stock as well. DAMMIT!

Called two Radio Shacks by my home, both out of stock and the two Best Buys by my home are only fulfilling pre-order request. Guess no EVO for me.

13. billnye97

Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Wow I'm bummed about the white Evo coming out. I would have definitely gotten that one instead of the black one. I wish there would have been some sort of announcement earlier. I guess I can return my EVO and wait for the black one.

14. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    I saw the white one and wasn't fond of it at all, to iPhoneish to me with the black front and white back.

15. billnye97

Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Where did you see it? Did they have a display model at Best Buy? How is your search going?

16. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    I saw it online, I gave up on my search.

17. wingnut144

Bronze

Jan 3, 2008
    I would love to get one too.....need to KILL my Palm Pre first..... and make it look like an accident.......

Tried dropping it down brick stairs (twice) but the stupid thing lives on...... :dft011:tounge_out

Any ideas?? LOL

18. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    No suggestions, but I did have a good laugh.

19. wingnut144

Bronze

Jan 3, 2008
    <sigh>......maybe a little drop of acetone on the inside somewhere would do the trick......and the smell should fade pretty quickly...........

But where to put it.......

20. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    for the right price I can make it go away...but you didnt get this from me...

Beta

21. wingnut144

Bronze

Jan 3, 2008
    Oh? What what is that "price" ?? :dft008:whoa

What did you have in mind??