1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Sreenshots

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Oct 6, 2011.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

I have always heard that there is no screenshot capability on non-rooted phones. Perhaps this is old news, but that is not true. I've heard that this doesn't work on all phones, but.....

Hold down the back soft button and tap and release your phone's power button. Voila... Screenshot saved to the image gallery. Almost exactly similar to the same action on an iPad.

Maybe this is old news. This would have been the only reason I'd ever have to root and it's gone.

Eqbob

• Like Like x 1
  2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I believe this works on Samsung phones....I THINK...but I believe there is are a few non-root screen shot apps in the market, but they dont work on all phones.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I read somewhere that it works on HTC phones as well, but I haven't tested it on my wife's.

5. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Didn't work on Droid. I thunk Screenshot ER is free now and works on non-rooted phones. Didn't the developer post a link here? On treadmill, or I would search it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Still on treadmill, but being a mom, I multi-task well! :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

#5 sherri, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 1