1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Streaming via wifi from android tablet to TV connected to router by LAN cable

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by manchestermike, Dec 2, 2012.

1. manchestermike

manchestermike New Member

Dec 2, 2012

Sponsored Ad

I've just bought a Nexus7 tablet computer, which runs Android 4.2.1, and I want to stream media from it via wi-fi to my LG digital TV (32LD490, bought June 2011), which is connected with a LAN cable to my Thomson TG585 v8 router running software version 8.2.7.8. Does anyone know how to do this? I tried simply plugging the Nexus into the TV USB port but it did not recognize that it was connected, even though it was playing a downloaded film. I've tried downloading various apps from the Google Play store; including the LG TV Remote 2011 version, which seems to only want to search for a wifi connection between the two. In which case, would I be better off just buying the LG wifi dongle and using that? :-\

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    From what I can gather you will require the LG dongle. I Googled your question and a forum, www.avforums.com appeared to have the same question with an answer, but the work firewall blocks the site from my eyes.

Google using "stream wifi to 32LD490" as the search term.....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
  5. Aerkvik

Aerkvik New Member

Dec 23, 2012
    According to google that TV supports DLNA so it should work, LAN/Wifi shouldn't make any difference as so long it's on the same subnet. I keep my media library on my LAN cabled PC and use bubbleUPNP to stream it via wifi to the nexus 7 which then sends to the LAN Cabled TV (LG 42LV550T).

I didn't have to configure much of anything, just allowed access to my library on the pc and that was it. The tv was discovered automatically on the nexus and started streaming without having to touch the remote.

It's a fabulous way to have a great streaming system on the cheap!

6. Jimbofoshow

Jimbofoshow New Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Wonder if that would work to stream video from n7 to a media pc thats connected to a tv via hdmi?

sent from gnex with trinity kernal and jbsourcery 4.2.1

7. Jimbofoshow

Jimbofoshow New Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Homework time!!!

sent from gnex with trinity kernal and jbsourcery 4.2.1

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Wonder if you would lose a lot of quality. I feel like MHL would be better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Everything Android

9. Jimbofoshow

Jimbofoshow New Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Possibly but so far its looking good. Ill let you all know the results when im done experimentating.

sent from Nexu7 running baked black bean 4.2.1 with trinity kernel.

10. Pearl Ellay

Pearl Ellay New Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Nice story shared with us. That was pretty strange. I never though that could be happen also.

11. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Huh?