1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Stuck in bootloop and not rooted, How to back up data?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by runingwild, Nov 7, 2012.

1. runingwild

runingwild New Member

Nov 7, 2012

Sponsored Ad

So, my phone is stuck in a boot loop. I can restore factory setting but first i want to back up my data, specifically my text messages. They are very important. Is there a way i can do that ?

the bad news is Im not rooted. now im trying to find ways to save data from my the phone before i do a factory reset. i hope i can sort it out.

its an Htc desire S
    Thanks,

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    If you are stuck in a bootloop, without root, I am sorry to say you can not get to your texts. I think HTC has an online dashboard, but you might need to be able to access the OS of the phone to set stuff up on the phone end.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. runingwild

runingwild New Member

Nov 7, 2012
    so no hope for me.
    and what about using Adb and connecting the phone via usb to a pc?

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    If your phone is unlocked and you can somehow get it to a recovery mode you might be able to. However, if you are not rooted I don't know if you can grab what you need.

• Like Like x 1