Stylus Use ?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Phones' started by ranjo105, Dec 3, 2009.

1. ranjo105

Bronze

Sometimes it is frustrating using my finger on some web pages and embedded llinks in e-mail. I saw a stylus with a breast pocket clip and ordered it. Unfortunately it does not work. So can I conclude that one must be a warm blooded mammal to use the droid ?

2. jim9112

jim9112 New Member

Yes though there are some companies that are putting out a stylus for capacitive screens. If you google I'm sure you can find one. Not sure if they are available for purchase yet though,

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. tj!2k6

Bronze

5. ranjo105

Bronze

The one I ordered and am returning was billed as compatible with the Droid, but it ain't. So someone is just ASSUMING it will work when it fact it does not. Guess I will have to work on my manual dexterity...

6. ranjo105

Bronze

7. tj!2k6

Bronze

What stylus did you order, and from where? Do you have a link or manufacturer that you can share in order to save others, including myself, some grief?

Thanks...

8. Eugene

Bronze

I have an old stylus plus that doesn't work, I'm thinking of e-mailing to see of they make a capactive insert for it

9. ranjo105

Bronze

10. dragonfly

Bronze

There is no stylus that will work on the droid the screen isnt we will say "stylus compatible" since its a glass screen and responds to the touch of a finger yes warm blooded male/female as stated above. plus its a glass screen you ever seen a stylus used on glass before?

11. tj!2k6

Bronze

Looks like Ten One stylii may be a possible solution, keep us posted...

I don't know about that... just because something hasn't been done yet, or hasn't been widely publicized doesn't mean it's impossible...

Per this post on droidforums.net, someone has apparently had success with the Ten One Pogo Sketch...
    Edit: Although he does go on do say that while it's not something he'd recommend for gaming, it does an OK job on the virtual keyboard. All in all, it seems to be more or less a proof of concept for now; it can be done and used, it's just not perfect.

12. Eugene

Bronze

If it needs human skin, there are tools that doctors use to take a small 1/8" diameter skin sample :)

13. ranjo105

Bronze

Well the POGO stylus WORKS ! I have just received it and it does indeed function. It takes some getting used to since it is NOT a pointy stylus but has a blunt point with some kind of "bumpy" cloth at the end. But it does function properly. Never say never !

14. tj!2k6

Bronze

Excellent, that's great to hear!

I'm wondering if it will work through a screen protector, particularly the privacy one. Do you have a screen protector installed, or are you using the stylus directly on the glass?

15. ranjo105

Bronze

Sorry no protector, I am riding bare back.
    If your finger works thru the protector and the Pogo works on the glass, isn't it logical to think that the Pogo would work thru the protector ?

16. tj!2k6

Bronze

Yes, that would be a logical conclusion... ;)

I think I'll give the pogo a shot...

17. dragonfly

Bronze

Interesting find ranjo good to know. guess i shouldnt ever say never again unless its never buy a mac product haha :dft003:cool

18. tincup703

tincup703 New Member

19. tj!2k6

Bronze

Do you have a link or manufacturer that you can share in order to save others, including myself, some grief?

20. ranjo105

Bronze

was that a pogo stylus ?

21. cookiemomster

cookiemomster New Member

Lol. Lately my fingers have gotten so cold that I couldn't tap on things and it is really hard to do with gloves on.