1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Switching from Hero to Evo....

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by kalina, Jan 27, 2011.

1. kalina

kalina New Member

Mar 16, 2007

Sponsored Ad

I'm going to make the switch next week. Could someone answer a few questions I have?

Does anyone use it as a hotspot? Pros/cons? How well does it work? How reliable is it?

What is the range or average of your bill (with and without hotspot usage)?

Thanks all!

2. muddog15

muddog15 New Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The hot spot feature works great, until you get a phone call, then it cuts off so you can take the call. That's the only sort of problem I have had. I would rather get the phone call than worry about being online but it has messed me up once or twice. I haven't found anything else that I don't like about it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. kalina

kalina New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    That's not so bad. I guess I could live with that.
    So, email & text syncs don't mess it up? I don't receive that many calls, so that won't be much of a problem for me.
    Thanks.

5. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    I don't know about the EVO, but my X allows emails and texts through without interrupting my hotspot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android App

6. muddog15

muddog15 New Member

Jun 29, 2009
    I don't remember if I have received any emails or text when I was using the hotspot, but I think I did have new emails and text when I turned it off, so I don't think so. I don't use it that often, when I can turn off my clearwire service (contract) I'm going to start using the hotspot full time. Make sure you have an unlimited data plan on your phone.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk.

7. kalina

kalina New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Ok...bought it Tuesday & love it.

FYI...I've figured out how to stop calls from interrupting the hotspot activity.
    Set your phone to send all calls to voicemail when data is in use. Easy fix. Tested it out with my sister and all is well. I love this phone.

8. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Is that setting under Menu> Settings?

Swyped from my xtrROM 4.6.5 Eris

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Keep in mind that ANY time data is now in use (email, web, etc) and a call comes in you will not get it.