1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Switching to ATT from Verizon for Samsung S3

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Salil Surendran, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Salil Surendran

Bronze

Aug 24, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Hello Friends,
    I have been struggling with the poor performance of my Droid Charge. I like the Android operating system as a whole but as you will see from my previous posts on this forum I have been pulling out my hair trying to figure out why the Charge is performing so poorly. Anyway I am thinking of discontinuing my contract with Verizon and going to a new Samsung S3 from ATT which I will get from Amazon Wireless for $79. I do want decent network speed of around 5 mbps and I live in San Jose, CA. I was wondering if anyone had any idea of how the ATT network performed in the bay area. I understand it is still slower than Verizon but how much slower? Are there any other phones other than the S3 that I should consider. The main uses for my phone is texting, facebook, GPS(very important) and as a music player.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    While you may be able to get some ideas from others' experiences you must know that asking a question like how a particular network performs in a certain area or how much slower is one network than another in an area is kind of like asking how blue is the sky in your neighborhood compared to another.

If you aren't happy with the particular phone's performance have you considered trying a different phone withBig Red before moving? Are there any early termination charges to consider?

If you do make the jump make sure you know exactly what their return policy is so if you aren't happy with the S3 you can bring it back or exchange it with no penalty charge. most carriers give you a month, but I know TMo used to only allow 14 days so be careful......

3. Sponsored Advertisement