1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Swype Android Keyboard Leaked in all its Awesomeness

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by TheMadJester, Dec 30, 2009.

1. powerwagon

Bronze

Nov 24, 2009

Sponsored Ad

droidmuff.in

2. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Soli

Soli New Member

Oct 15, 2009
    It's now on the market.
    go download it for free.

5. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Thanks so much Buddy !!!

I am back to swyping again. :w00t:

I was so lost without it.

6. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    I had to factory reset my phone. When I did I lost all my apps. I went to droidmuff.in downloaded and reinstalled Swype but now when I try to use it it says my trial period has ended and I have to update my version of Swype. I dont see it on the marketplace. I went to the Swype webpage and found out it is still in beta testing stage and hasnt been released for android yet. Any suggestions how I can get it back?

7. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I have four different versions on my Eris storage card and know that there is a thread with links to all of them. Anyone for the Droid? Calling all snails.

8. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    http://download.pandaapp.com/?app=soft&controller=android&action=show&f_id=1433

This should do it for you ... but you may still have the .apk on your card. Use Astro to search for it. Also with Astro you can back up your apps so if needed you just get astro back from market then run the backup and won't need to re-download everything.

Don't forget to allow non market apps in the settings.

9. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    Awesome! You came through again! Im once again swyping:dft009:smile. Only downside is the new speech to text mic icon is missing. Its only on the android virtual keyboard.:dft006:unhappy

10. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Well ... Did you know that if you press and hold where you imput text ... You can then pick imput method and choose which keyboard you wish to use. :dft012:wink

11. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    yes I did:dft009:smile I guess Im just a little lazy. It just would be convenient to have the icon on Swype.

You do have to make sure that both the android keyboard and Sywpe are checked in your settings though. The installation instructions on droidmuff.in are wrong. They tell you to uncheck Android keyboard and check Swype. Both of them need to be checked so you can switch back and forth

12. jim9112

jim9112 New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Been using swype for a couple weeks now. Didnt care for it at first but now that im used to it im hooked. Dont ever slide out my keyboard now.

13. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    Nice. I could never get used to it... And I don't use my Droid keyboard anyway haha. I use Smart Keyboard Pro -

14. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    ive become used to it on my TP...haha which seems to know its going away since my battery life is starting to "inhale" horribly.

15. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    Yeah :/ is Verizon making you send in your TP?

16. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    no, altho I am giving it to Makokken at PPCG.com and let him look at the kernals...hes been trying to port android over to it...the VZW wont accept it because of the kernals/processor etc are all different

17. RonLirit

RonLirit New Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Hello. I discovered this sliding style keyboard a couple of months ago and have been using it ever since. It is called SlideIT. Since I bought it I haven't used anything else. It works great and is much more accurate then the ones I tried before. Sending emails is much faster now, and I can tweet with one hand in about 5 seconds! I recommended it to all my family, and even my father manages to use it on the new tablet we got him for his birthday, and he used to have trouble using a mouse! I found it at http://mobiletextinput.com/Product/SlideIT/Android/download.php.

18. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    I am trying to get used to Swyping. My fingers don't fit right and I am constantly forgetting where the letters are. I have found that at times, I have to slide open my keypad and use it.

19. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Still using Smart Keyboard Pro. Even with the Gingerbread Keyboard, I prefer it over the rest.