1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Swype

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by softspirits, Jan 23, 2011.

1. softspirits

Bronze

May 2, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Is swype available for the incredible? My friend has one and wants swype.

~Softspirits~ swyped from my HTC Evo using the Everything Android app

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
  5. cheri

Bronze

Jul 25, 2007
    I am giving this a whirl based on the recommendations of Hocky and Drifty....better be good I know where to find you all on several locations on the interwebs :)

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Yikes!

I didn't like it at first but gave it another try and now I can't live without it.

7. cheri

Bronze

Jul 25, 2007
    Well the biggest issue for me with the HTC Incredible is the touch screen. I am trying to find ways of making texting easier as I do a ton of texting. You two will have to give me some coaching on this app. :)

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Swype will def speed that up

9. cheri

Bronze

Jul 25, 2007
    that it has it will take some time to get used to but less stress on finger-rage.

10. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    It is a good app, but take it easy / careful with it until you learn how to do it. Run the tutorial a few times. I wound up with lots of misspellings in the database and no way to get them out until I happen to swype them the same way again.

11. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    You can clear cache and data from applications menu in settings.

I also found the quicker you go the less mistakes happen.

I have had swype for well over a year and could not go without it.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Everything Android App

12. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Various posts have stated that, but other posts state that this breaks the application. Don't know which one to beleive.

13. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    clearing cache on MY swype cleared everything out I think if you go to "User Dictionary" in the setting @EQBob, you might be able to change it manually.

14. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Where do you find a user dictionary? I have never seen that.

15. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    *edit*

I think I may have been wrong on the dictionary :( sorry EQ

Heres what Ive found, when you swype a word and its wrong. We will use the word Fondue for this example. When I swype the word and it gets saved as Fondur. Double tap on the wrong spelling of the word and it will highlight. You should see some options to edit it corectly. I will post back in a few after Ive figured out how to manually do this.