1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Swyping

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Jan 21, 2011.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

So the fascinate comes with swype. I've been trying it out and it's pretty decent. I cannot however figure out how to swype a space, so that you can swype multiple words at a time.

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    After you type one word, take your finger off the keys and start the next word, it will automatically put the space in.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    There is a user manual in the options. Swype key> Options.

You can type upper case by swyping above the keyboard. Weird stuff like that.

* To turn off auto-space for one word swype space-backspace.

Swyped from my xtrROM 4.6.5 Eris

5. softspirits

Bronze

May 2, 2007
    I love swype! For me it was an unexpected discovery on my evo.

~Softspirits~ swyped from my HTC Evo using the Everything Android app

6. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I saw swype in the wild today. A grandmother with a new Sprint LG whose kids had put Swype and SkyMaps on the phone.

She had looked at Droids but didn't like them. Had no clue that her LG was android.

Swyped from my xtrROM 4.6.5 Eris

7. Rbolanos01

Rbolanos01 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I have to agree. Swyping is awesome. Love my qwery but for touchcreen keypad its a definite must. The only thing I don't get though, how do you do a double letter? "Call" for example?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Everything Android App

8. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    According to the tutorial, which i just watched yesterday, go over the letter, then draw a circle and then go on to next letter. Tried it. It seemed to work for me. I'm still having space problems, but the tutorial pointer above was very helpful.

9. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    I am in the minority, as I prefer Smarter Keyboard Pro over Swype.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
  11. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I haven't messed at all with putting in any 'new' keyboards. Not so sure what they would bring, since the physical space is the same. Also have no clue how to do it, which might also be a factor (g). (and haven't googled to find out how)

12. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Not really a problem per se in that it isn't working, just a problem in that I am not good at it. I have to train myself to just lift a finger and start a new word. My brain lifts and instantly moves finger to space bar which really slows me down.

13. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009

Manually puting in the space is how you add new words to the dictionary. Repeating this step then after space you press the swype key to remove. If you have been pressing space all the time you might have a bunch of mis-spelled words in your dictionary. You can just clear cache and data from the applications menu to fully reset.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Everything Android App

14. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Eek....that's not good.

ok...so I can't find a swype applications menu. If you're talking about the applications "drawer" and then somethign labeled Swype, there's nothing there.

If you're talking about the options menu that comes up when you hold the little swirly S key on the keyboard, I see no option in there to delete cache and data.

Help?

15. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    On the homescreen click menu, settings, applications, all and then find swype and clear the cache.

16. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Adding a keyboard is as simple as installing an application. However, once it is installed, you need to go to the phone's "settings", scroll to "Language and Keyboards", and tap to add that keyboard. Once keyboard is "tapped", you can go to any area where you would input text. Long press on the text box, and tap "input method". Then you can pick the keyboard of your choice. Smarter Keyboard Pro lets you have a "bigger" space bar. It has been my favorite keyboard, and continues to be. Many skins (free), and many options.

I recommended it to others, and they have likes it as well. Completely different then Swype, though...

17. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Ah......so that's what was meant....thanks. by the way....where it the thank you button? Don't see it anywhere, but I am blind at times <G>

18. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Hmmm...why would you want to skin a keyboard? Do the various skins provide different sizes for different keys? In the same physical space, isn't a skin keyboard just going to load some background image? Or am i missing the point?

19. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Smarter keyboard allows for resizing the keys. The skins are all different (one looks like iPhone, each Android hasca different look -my native soft keyboard is different than my sisters Incredible....). Skins also allow different colors, so keyboard can "match" your phone. I am using a black "cupertino " skin (as much as I dislike Apple, they have a great keyboard! Black is very easy to see...)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk