1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Syncing with your PC

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by slumlord, Nov 10, 2009.

1. slumlord

slumlord New Member

Oct 17, 2008

Sponsored Ad

So is there ever a reason or a way to sync the droid with your PC?

2. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    You mean like the way there was activesync with windows mobile? what are you trying to sync? bc it syncs everything google :)

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i did see an app that allows you to sync with outlook. but seriously, what's the point? the google cloud is far superior. also, if you're talking about media, you can set up a sync with windows media player. media player can sync with any storage device.

5. jonesboy6

jonesboy6 New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Syncing with PC?

if your referring to syncing to pc for pics,music,file transfer the droid allows you to drag and drop.using supplied USB cable plug in and pull down USB logo on the top notification bar and hit mount and I drag and drop straight from my windows explorer!

6. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i think you can also set up windows to sync photos. it may even do it in media player.

7. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009

I know you can sync what ever you have in media player 11. It syncs to any storage type. (I think)

7 more days !!!

8. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    I know this is an old thread, but I found it while searching for something else. I'm still looking for that 'something else.'

I am very suspicious of the 'cloud.' As much as we would like to trust others with our information, we should still be careful to who we entrust that information with. Plainly, I don't trust the Google-plex. It's a great search engine and gmail is pretty good as well. Do you really trust Google to keep your information safe from intrusion? I'm skeptical. I had rather sync my Outlook to my phone and keep it there than trusting Google.

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    someone found this when i asked about your situation
    its not free, but its like active sync for android
    http://www.dataviz.com/products/roadsync/android/index.html?device_id=633

10. Peregrine

Peregrine New Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Honestly, I really don't give a *expletive* if Google becomes evil and has my friends phone numbers and email addresses.
    Google doesn't have their Soc Sec Numbers. Big deal. What is Google going to do? Call my friends? Email them? ONO!!!!
    So what?
    It can't legally sell the phone numbers to anyone so I could sue them if they tried.
    Other then that, what are you worried about Google having?!?!?!?!?1

11. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    There is no reason to get so excited, Peregrine! The 'expletive' is not necessary.

12. Peregrine

Peregrine New Member

Jun 14, 2007
    My bad, friend. I was going more for a humour angle there honestly.
    No offense intended.

13. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Scott, the app you posted looks good, but again, you must be using Microsoft through an exchange server. I don't. mIQ (Dashwire) is still in beta (testing as we speak), and they also store/back up contacts, sms, pictures, and calendar. Only problem is that it is on their server/cloud.

14. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    to use outlook with android you dont need an exchange account, its better if you have one or just use google for that matter. i know on the HTC Incredible when i plug it in i see an option to sync with the computer/outlook, it is possible, i just dont use that

15. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Unless something has changed since I got my Droid, to get Outlook contacts onto phone, the had to be changed into a csv (?) format. I followed step by step from Google, got my contacts into my Google account, and went from there.

16. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    maybe there its a sense/HTC thing but i had that option under the pull down notification bar when i plug the phone in
    (need to sync with eWallet, trying to get them to go to the cloud or allow for device editing)