1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

T-Mobile G1 Unlocked !

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by stevebush, Oct 27, 2008.

1. stevebush

stevebush New Member

Oct 27, 2008
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Guest

Awesome info thanks !!! :D I'd hit your thanks button, but there isn't any...

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006
    I don't trust this. My guess is that you won't be able to make calls or access data (outside of WiFi).

5. Ramesh

Bronze

Oct 29, 2008
    It's not unlocking the phone. It basically just gets you an activated phone that you can't use any cell connections. It's the equivalent of an unactivated iPhone.

6. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006
    Wake me when the Google part of this whole equation works. Right now, I see $23 to use the G1 to only make calls. Android Market, gMail, etc doesn't work. Geez, I've got a cheap Nokia that can do that for free.

7. ninjaap

ninjaap Guest

oh........

8. Ramesh

Bronze

Oct 29, 2008
    There is an unlock now as Chris mentioned for $23 - but it doesn't allow you to use your gmail, nor the android market...

9. g1tube

g1tube New Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Agree, it seems you will lose the features that make the G1 what it is.

10. Taki

Taki New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Why not get a phone that has internet access and just set up a Gmail app of your own? As for shopping on the market, who wants to shop through a 2 inch screen?

11. my95z34

my95z34 New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    The Android Market............

12. xiflada

xiflada New Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Agree. Phones that are unlock are sometimes a pain since you can't take advantage of all its features. It's like having a piece of cake in front of you and not being able to eat it! Argh!!!!

13. ctaylor52

ctaylor52 New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    I think you should just do it the legal way and avoid all the hassles. You are not going to have the best that the product can offer. I would just save my money and buy the total package.;)

14. pollack

pollack New Member

Aug 6, 2012
    wonder information