1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Tab3 Accessories?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by JasonS, Aug 27, 2013.

1. JasonS

JasonS New Member

Aug 27, 2013

Sponsored Ad

Does anyone know if there is a SD card reader that will work on the Tab3? I know it has a mini SD card slot in it, but I would like to take pictures with my digital camera while travelling and load them onto the Tab for sharing.

Thanks

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    You would need to root your tab, and verify that it supports OTG cable (on the go). If not, see if there is a custom ROM that does support OTG for the Tab 3. Then you could get SD Card reader with an miniUSB hook up or get a USB to miniUSB cable to hook up to a standard SD Reader.

I have never tried it before, but perhaps if you had a eyeFI SD Card in your camera you could hook Tab and camera to same network and try to transfer OTA rather than with a cable.

Or, if you have just bring a laptop, or wait until you get home. :)

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. JasonS

JasonS New Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Thanks for the reply. I checked on the Samsung Canada Mobile Facebook page and they said that yes it is designed for a Micro usb to usb adapter that I can plug a card reader into it. They even have one listed as an acessory on their American website, just not available in Canada.

Thanks for your reply.