1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Taking Android Screenshots Requires Installing SDK?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by johnnydangerously, Oct 22, 2008.

1. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006

Sponsored Ad

Geez, this is a real hassle. This could be my #1 request for a new app -- Screenshots for Android!

Taking Screenshots on Android

2. powerwagon

Bronze

Nov 24, 2009
    I have a Droid and some alternate homescreens provide that feature without rooting. I know home++ has this option...there are more out there, but don't know off hand.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    ^^^It is a PITA as I mentioned to Scott the other day, but it is "doable" that even an idiot like me can do it! :dft012:wink

^^^Yes, this true, but these only let you take screenshots of your "home screen", not any applications or even your drawer...

Since I always used a screen shot application on my Q (iliumsoft) and had to send the shot to my pc, and upload it from pc to forum, the adb method isn't that much more difficult...(I figured out, so any one can!!)