1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Task manager

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by kalina, Feb 3, 2010.

1. kalina

kalina New Member

Mar 16, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Has anyone found a good task manager from the market place that works well on the HERO? There are a lot to choose from and the reviews aren't as helpful as I thought they would be. What are you using and how do you like it? Thanks

2. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Someone out there on the interwebs wrote an article about how task managers reduce performance on Android devices. Linux manages tasks so you don't have to. Very different from Windows.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. kalina

kalina New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Good to know. I guess I need to learn moer about the Linux system. Thanks for the info. :dft009:smile

5. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Another tip I saw was to use the back button to leave a program instead of hitting the home button. The home button may leave the program running in the background.

6. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    basically from what I've heard whether you hit the home button or the back button shouldn't matter. Android basically wants to keep the apps you use open, but in an idle state. There's a lot of differing opinions on whether a task manager has any benefit. In my case, the only time I had problems with my Droid acting weird was while I had the "advanced task killer" installed, once I ditched that and let android do it on it's own I was fine again. Motorola apparently has a group working on whether there are any real benefits or not

7. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I downloaded the Astro file and task manager for file management. Something went wrong with the browser and I used Astro to kill it instead of rebooting the phone. Handy. Swype rocks.

8. kalina

kalina New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    I noticed that the HERO only allows 6 items to run at a time.

9. kalina

kalina New Member

Mar 16, 2007
  10. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I try to be helpful.