1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

terminating EDGE and 3G

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by m.a.s.e, Nov 28, 2008.

1. m.a.s.e

m.a.s.e New Member

Nov 28, 2008

Sponsored Ad

hi...
    i have a BIG problem i hope u can help me...
    i had just goten my g1 phone and i have unlocked it.
    i use AT&T sim card
    i have NO data plan as i dont need it i have WIFI wherever i am most of the time.
    now i tried in so manny ways to terminate EDGE but its keep coming back, it killed me last month with the bill. how can i terminate the EDGE ability of the phone?
    the stuff that i've already tried:
    turn off 3G
    uncheck/check "use only 2G network"
    Edit the APN and change the strings
    Delete ALL the APN's
    doing all of that in SAFE MODE or REGULAR MODE

nothing helped. it keeps showing me the EDGE icon and i can surf.
    how can i stop that?

and i tried also calling AT&T asking them for help (like in block my sim from DATA plan) they said they cant do it as i use unauthrized phone...
    after 30 minutes i just stoped fighting with them
    i need help ASAP on how to terminate EDGE as i cant have biils high as up to 300$ each month :(
    any ideas?
    thank you so much!!!

2. my95z34

my95z34 New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    As far as I know you shouldn't be able to use data on any other network than T-Mo. But if you are, just call them and tell them the same thing you told them already, but don't mention what phone you have. Just that you don't want data enabled at all. Also, look around in your account online and see if you can disable it in there. I think it may be somewhere in parental controls or something. IDR, but I know I've seen it before.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. m.a.s.e

m.a.s.e New Member

Nov 28, 2008
    thank you for your answer.
    but this is a problem as i am working in a company, i just relocated to the US with my wife. the company gave my wife a cell, they pay for my cell completly but my wifes i pay with a good disscount, i cant make any changes in her account and they gave her a crappy old nokia wothout any data capibility. any time i talked to ATNT they say sorry they cant do anything and i cant talk to my company they will be like "use the nokia u got" ... so i need to know how to technically disable EDGE, is it that hard on that phone? :(