1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Text Application - Odd Behavior....

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by stevetaz, Jan 12, 2015.

1. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Let's see if I can explain this well enough....This is about the built-in text application that came with the device...
    When texting to someone or replying to someone texting me after I hit "Send" the screen returns to the beginning of the thread I may have had going with someone instead of showing the current text just sent.

These are individuals I may have six months worth of texts in one thread (daughter) so if I want to see the current text I just sent and any recent texts sent by that person I would have to scroll through every text, which could be hundreds.

Funny thing is that if I close that text session, reopen and select the thread with the individual I just sent a message to it will open up at the most recent text I just sent.

I have never seen this happen with previous phones including the last Samsung Galaxy S3. I don't see any kind of setting that would control that either.

It is certainly not the end of the world, but I believe things should function properly.

Anyone else see anything like this before?

2. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    That's weird. Never seen that before, but I don't send that many texts.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Everything Android mobile app

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I don't text terribly often either. It is the best way to keep in touch with my daughter though and that is why it is especially annoying. I just have a continuing thread with her so when it returns to the first message of that thread it is literally hundreds of texts.

Just another oddity of the electronic world I suppose......

5. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    You need to perform a Hard Reset on your device, it will make it like brand new. Just try it.