1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Text Messaging App Pop-Ups

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Oct 21, 2014.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Is there any app, that maybe is a replacement for stock text messaging, that would allow text messages to pop up on top of other open applications? I don't want to replace the entire launcher, maybe just add this capability in to the standard text messaging app or replace that app.

Potential Constraints: Not rooted. Not going to.

Any thoughts?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sponsored Advertisement

3. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
  4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Yes. Never "uninstall" the base sms app. If you use a third party app, just turn off notifications in "original" app, or you will get 2 notifications. On each you uninstall the 3rd party app, original resumes.

5. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Installed Textra last night and played with it some. Really love the pop-up notifications over top of other apps. Suhweet!

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I am so weepy with joy to see the two of you out and about! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    LOL. I'm around. Still rehabbing Angie (corgi with the back problem), have $15M in active research projects I'm leading, plus work efforts on another $5M as technical staff. Just not a lot of free time.

8. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    My wife liked Textra so much from looking at it on mine that she immediately installed it on her S5 and today we installed the "emoji" pack because you can never have enough icons to play with <G>

9. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Glad you like it!

10. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I do. Took me forever this morning to figure out how to send to multiple recipients at once. Figured it out tho. Now seems simple, but the first several attempts, didn't notice that the person icon had changed to a checkmark and had to hit that as an "ok, send to these"

The double hit on the trash can was a bit counter-intuitive at first as well, but the double protection for that is great. and a tap tap is no big deal obviously.

thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Alhena Batool

Alhena Batool New Member

Dec 15, 2014
  12. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
  13. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    I had the same problem, I performed a Hard Reset and ever since my device is working perfectly.