1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Text Messaging flaw Samsung Mesmerize

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by malo84, Jan 6, 2011.

1. malo84

malo84 New Member

Jan 6, 2011

Sponsored Ad

So not sure if I'm the only one who has had this problem. But me and my wife have noticed this. When you receive a new text message on the mesmerize it pops up on the notification bar and quickly displays the name of sender and the message before disappearing and shows just the little green notification icon for messaging. Well the flaw I have noticed is it will displays another contacts name but the right message. So for example. I receive a text from Jane but on notifications bar it says its from Joe. Open the message from the notification bar and it opens from the right person who sent it "jane". So not sure if anyone else has seen this just thought I'd throw it out there to see. Thank you

2. Fred Zerbee

Fred Zerbee New Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Same problem and it's a real pain. U.S. Cellular told me to install Handcent SMS and use it for my messaging. That's not what I wanted to hear.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    this honestly sounds like a software issue.

@Fred while I agree that them telling you to add an additional program isnt what you wanted to hear unfortunatly unless the software issue can be fixed that might be the best route.