1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

texting issues sending and receiving reliability

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by boog55, Jul 19, 2011.

1. boog55

Bronze

Dec 9, 2010

Sponsored Ad

i am having issues with the reliability of sending and getting texts. It has become a hit and a miss if they are actually getting received. I might have something checked or unchecked that needs to be changed BUT it typically starts acting up when i try to send a relatively long message to 20 recipients. I am also using the advanced task cleaner/killer which may have something to do with it even though it is on my "ignore" list- any suggestions (and i have already turned on/off and battery out) to get my texting back in order so that my texts are received. thanks
    deb

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    It might just be the fact that you are sending to 20 people. When those people reply it may or may not be including you.

Also a side note, task managers are needed in Android 2.1+

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. boog55

Bronze

Dec 9, 2010
    what do you mean task managers? I have it and end tasks frequently but so does my task cleaner- i think i will cut the 20 to 10 people in two different sets of messages and a shorter message. thanks

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Advanced Task Killer/Cleaner isnt really needed. Android closes apps and kills tasks on its own. If the Task Killer closes a task that is set to auto run by Android, it will just start up again anyway.

6. boog55

Bronze

Dec 9, 2010
    So get rid of task cleaner then use task manager to end apps? Should i use the clear memory too for level 1 and 2?

Debbie

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Use no task manager, at all.
    Let android do its thing! :)