1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

The G2?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by tomandrew, Sep 24, 2008.

1. tomandrew

tomandrew New Member

Sep 21, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Surely the name for the G1 was put into place so that it would make things simple for a G2, G3 and so on?

But considering the nature of the phone, what exactly would they improve on?

If they did release a G2, it would have to be sometime in the far future. It's like a second addition to the iPhone.

2. kogama

Bronze

May 16, 2008
    im guessing it would be g2, g3 etc unless they want the gx or g4800 or one of thoe weird numbered names or they can make the Ig

well they could probably improve the phones design , battery life, display, camera

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. nycstefano

nycstefano New Member

Sep 24, 2008
    I'd love to see the G1 take on the styling and look of the HTC Touch HD. That would be a beautiful merger

5. Lincoln

Lincoln New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Hopefully Google doesn't go in the direction Sony went and name the phones with long strings of numbers and letters at the end but go with Apple's naming scheme; nice and simple and easy to determine what it means. MacBook Air, MacBook, MacBook Pro. iPhone, iPhone 3G.

6. jigyasa

Bronze

Sep 21, 2008
    Whatever be the future names, it still is exciting to think what feature additions Google can go to. After all, Google is known for its innovation :)
    I bet they would try make the desing sleeker and slimmer, to begin with.

7. kogama

Bronze

May 16, 2008

sleek and slimmer it is

8. Sav

Sav
    Bronze

Sep 28, 2008
    I would also like to see this.

9. kogama

Bronze

May 16, 2008
    now that would be beautiful that huge screen and beautiful design

10. superg05

superg05 New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    htc makes g1 so nothing really to take on

11. ctaylor52

ctaylor52 New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Improvements?

The upgrade of the gphone could be more memory, lighter casing, and additional software upgrades. Honestly, I would be satisfied with it the way it is.:)

12. attgirl

attgirl New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I think that it is interesting that google started out in one market and decided we need more money and since we are doing so well getting people to pay us for high listing in the search engine maybe we should just throw together a phone.