1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

The Google future

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by jigyasa, Sep 23, 2008.

1. jigyasa

Bronze

Sep 21, 2008
  2. dodgyant

dodgyant New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Haha, very good read. It is from 2006, but relevant, nonetheless. I think that eventually, as with most things, Google will fade, and something else will take over.. It is only a matter of time before another concept like the internet comes up, and Google fails to capitalise. We will need to see how successful they are in the Mobile Phone market before jumping to any conclusions though... :)

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. jigyasa

Bronze

Sep 21, 2008
    I don't think Google can "fade" that easily or that soon for m that matter. It has been ruling for quite a while and with the huge number of domains it is entering into ever day, it can only be expected to grow.

5. tomandrew

tomandrew New Member

Sep 21, 2008
    A problem with the mobile phone market is that they themselves aren't the makers of the phone, so it means that if anything goes wrong, it's a huge dent on their reputation as this is what makes or breaks them as there first phone.

6. kogama

Bronze

May 16, 2008
    google will come out with some incredible things later on no doubt about that.

7. jigyasa

Bronze

Sep 21, 2008
    The article gets you to think that, undoubtedly, Google has been and will be a big player. But how up, close and personal is it getting to the users? Pinpointing a user's location, storing his/her search preferences and who knows what else in the future. Only time can tell :)

8. kogama

Bronze

May 16, 2008

dont for get tracking your keystrokes

9. ctaylor52

ctaylor52 New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Technology

Yes, I agree that technology is ever changing, but where is it going. It doesn't matter; I will just enjoy the ride. It is amazing what these brilliant minds can come up with.

10. chris2k5

chris2k5 New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I think Google isn't going anywhere in a long time. It is just too big to go away. They have expanded so dramatically that it is now a huge empire! They can expand into making hardware soon even if they wanted to.

11. attgirl

attgirl New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    For google it is all about the name now. I think they will eventually get out of the search engine arena and move into other areas as they are currently doing.

12. imported_jamesb

imported_jamesb New Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Yahoo and Alta Vista were both at one time both market leaders in the search engine market however I don't think that Google will fade away as they both did. Google is generating such high profits that they can purchase any company which becomes even remotely a danger to them.