1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

The Settings problem

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Alkali, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010

Sponsored Ad

Dear friends,
    for an unknown reason I cannot access my " Settings" whatever you call it from the below right hand corner of the screen as it used to be,it's no longer there . The only other option of getting the phone settings is from on top of the screen which I do not like. Thanks for your help.
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Everything Android

2. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    Hey friends where are you?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Not sure what you are referring to as my HTC EVO 4G doesn't have a way to get to Settings from the lower right corner. Maybe that is a brand-specific part of the Nexus interface? Did you recently update the OS or one of your Apps?

On my HTC when in the Home screen I press the Menu button and Settings is one of the choices. I also can't access Settings from the top.

You may have to wait for a Nexus owner to wake up. It is just 8:00am here in New York.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Yea, its not there, never was there on the Nexus
    You have to go to the app drawer and then settings

6. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    Well atleast that what's differentiates the Nexus with the others. I have the solution, the Menu button is no longer there in the new ICS. Thanks dear friends.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Everything Android

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I know, thats what I just said.

8. fskldgnvc

fskldgnvc Member

Jul 24, 2012
    try turn it off and then turn it on...

9. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Sheeeeesh.....