1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

The wait is killing me.

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Donte, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Donte

Donte New Member

Apr 27, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I want this phone soooo bad. I like my iPhone 3GS, but the Evo just takes it to a new level. Anyone have any ideas on a release date other than summer.

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    sorry no dates that i know of but, welcome to eA!!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Welcome to everythingAndroid! Enjoy the site and your stay here.

5. wingnut144

Bronze

Jan 3, 2008
    I know what you mean, I'm anxious for it to come out soon as well.

I emailed Sprint yesterday, and all they told me is that the Evo will be out "this summer"........

Now that could mean June, or August/September timeframe...... :dft006:unhappy

I'm ready to get rid of my Palm Pre........ick.......they really missed the boat with that phone..... :dft009:smile

6. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    Looks like a reallly nice device for Sprint :) Hope you get it soon! Welcome to eA!

7. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    welcome to Everything and roid. :D

Ive been there @ OP, I waited a freaking year for the Incredible...but as not to rub it in Hockeys face I can say the wait is well worth it.

I recommend keeping an eye on http://www.boygeniusreport.com and http://www.engadget.com well more then likely have some updates on it as well as time passes. :)

8. Donte

Donte New Member

Apr 27, 2010
    June 4th can't come quick enough. I pre-ordered at best buy so I can get it on launch day.

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    awesome
    i know the feeling of waiting...but once i got my phone it was well worth the wait

10. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    No one has had a longer wait than you. No one.

11. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    + 1 lol ... :dft011:tounge_out

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    hahaha thanks guys :dft011:tounge_out

13. Liberated

Liberated New Member

May 15, 2010
    I'm number 12 in the list at BB, they woulnt guarantee a phone on launch as they don't know how many they are getting. That sucks! You guys think they'll get a decent amount? How many devices do stores usually get on average?

14. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    There were quite a bit of incredibles when I went to pick mine up. I was number 5 on the list. If I had to guess there were about 15-20 pre-orders stored up and about 10 or non-orders. If that helps.

15. Liberated

Liberated New Member

May 15, 2010
    Awesome, thanks! That's encouraging news.