1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

The words “Verizon Wireless”

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by SoSoHelp, Dec 26, 2009.

1. SoSoHelp

SoSoHelp New Member

Dec 26, 2009

Sponsored Ad

I just got the Droid. I am very impress with the ease of use. However, I can’t figure this out –

When you turn the phone on (the page before the Home Page), you get a screen that has the words “Verizon Wireless” in the upper right hand corner. Also on this screen is the Time, Date, Image of the LOCK, and image of a Speaker. I want to remove the words “Verizon Wireless” and put my personal identification info there. Is it possible to do that and if so, how?

Thank you,

New to The Droid

2. animal

Bronze

Nov 16, 2009
    There are several apps in the droid market that change your lock screen. One of those should fix you up

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. SoSoHelp

SoSoHelp New Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Thanks but. . .

Thanks animal. I am still learning what apps are and what they do. Which would you recommend for what I want to accomplish.

5. animal

Bronze

Nov 16, 2009
    I have a picture of my girl and I for my background, which gives me all the customization I need. In looking at the market a lot of the lock screen apps are pay apps unfortunately. A couple of other apps that are really helpful are motorolas droid light, that let's you use the cameras brilliant light if you need it in a dark place. Also if you hold your finger down on your desktop, you can add the power control app that let's you switch bluetooth, wifi, screen brightness, and your sync accounts(email or facebook) on or off. I reccomend the automatic brightness though, because its automatic.

6. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    You should check out the the "what are your favorite apps" thread. Also if you enter the market hit either apps or games, then all apps or all games. From there you can choose to see the top free games or apps. That should give you a good start. All apps are rated have a descrpition on what the app does and you can read comments left by other users.