1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on Froyo (2.2) update

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by billnye97, Aug 3, 2010.

1. billnye97

Bronze

May 24, 2010

Sponsored Ad

Just installed the update and I must say I'm very impressed with the responsiveness and speed updates. Although I use Launcher Pro so I'm not getting all the benefits. What do you guys think?

Sent from my HTC Evo using the Everything Android app.

2. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    Downloading now. The update just came ota to my phone

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    Just like your computer, your phone’s software needs to be updated periodically to make sure you have all the latest fixes and enhancements to keep it running at optimal performance. Follow the steps below to check your current version and perform any needed updates.

This update offers:
    - Ability to share applications
    - Display events and birthdays from Facebook on Calendar
    - Use camera LED as flashlight
    - New user interface for the FM radio
    - Add unknown users in Facebook as friends in Friend Stream
    - Photo Gallery supports Facebook comments function
    - Send contact as vCard using SMS
    - Addition of MMS slideshow editor
    - New pre-loaded widgets including Calculator, FM radio, Message list view, Profile settings and Ringtone settings
    - Camcorder can use camera flash so video can be shot at night or in low light
    - Flash 10.1 support
    - Numeric PIN and alpha-numeric passwords to unlock screen
    - Search widget and search bar able to switch to search in different types (web, specific application, or all)
    - Adjustable alarm volume
    - Android Market widget allows installation of applications on SD car

5. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    I don't see the "Profile Setting"s widget. Anybody else?

6. blizowman1

blizowman1 New Member

Jul 28, 2010
    I remember going to 2.1 it added new apps and changed the way the market looked like is there amy changes like that

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android app

7. Phreddy

Phreddy New Member

Aug 3, 2010
    The main email program is automatically deleting my gmail pop3 email from the phone without me seeing it.

8. lady_bugz22

lady_bugz22 New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Go to Settings>Widget>Settings and there it is

9. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007

yeah I finally found it. Thanks

10. Brian Nelson

Brian Nelson New Member

Aug 3, 2010
    What do you have to update first the firmware or the htc software?

11. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007

I went to updates,HTC software

12. Garfield

Garfield New Member

Jul 7, 2010
    For those of you who have not yet rec'd the FroYo update - you can still watch Flash videos on your android device by downloading Skyfire Mobile Browser.

13. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    Noticing that in the market place now,there is a tab for comments instead of them being under the desc.

Sent from my HTC White Evo using Everything Android app

14. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    Hey Guys:

I'm in the applications manager and I'm trying to disable apps I dont use at all so they dont run in the background, like FOOTPRINTS. But I dont see an options to disable.

Any help would be great

15. Brian Nelson

Brian Nelson New Member

Aug 3, 2010
    im trying to dl the flash player 10.1 but for some reason it wont let me. wat link do you go to?

16. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    I didnt download Flash10. I thought it was included in the update. But even before I got the update I could watch flash videos

17. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    Possible Bug?

I've notice the last day or so that my Evo is not charging when connected to the PC. It says it is and has the little icon, but the battery percentage doesnt change even after a hour of charging. But I was using my cords from my Palm Pre since I had an extra one at work. If I plug it into the wall.

It worked fine last though. Anybody else using another cord other than the one that came with the Evo and having this issue?