1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Thunderbolt outrageously fast battery life loss last couple of weeks

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by McGoo47, Jan 9, 2012.

1. McGoo47

McGoo47 New Member

Dec 3, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Wondering if any other T-Bolt owners have been having there battery drain all power in about 3 hours. Just took my phone off the charger around 1230pm today all I did since that time was take one call for about 5 min, And using the internet for about 15 min. It's now 3pm as I was driving into work I heard it alarm me saying 15% or less battery life. This happened to me yesterday and about a week ago too.
    I went into the running apps settings and here was noting out of the ordinary that was running.

Any ideas from anyone...

McGoo47

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Have you had the phone long and this just recently started? My understanding is that the 4G phones generally only last 4-5 hours or so due to the high demand of 4G. Combine that and possibly being on the fringe area of reception with the phone seeking a signal and it wouldn't be hard to drain in less than 4 hours. Maybe your provider is having network issues?

Do you have anything like FaceBook running in the background and what timing do you have for mail sync? Have you gone through the battery saving steps like taking it off AutoDim, which is a real pain in the sunlight? Turning the brightness down to 30% or so can make a big difference.

I don't have any 4G in my area yet so I don't have any real world experience with the power needs, but I read that it is a huge drain almost requiring users to upgrade to a high capacity battery just to get through a workday before recharging.

Wish I could help more.....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Have you noticed any signal or reception issues lately or using the phone in a different location than normal that might have worse reception? Try keeping it connected to wifi and see if that improves your battery life then you could possibly narrow it down to weak LTE reception. Otherwise have you downloaded any apps recently? Could be a rogue app draining battery. Try deleting any recent app downloads and see how it goes and then reinstall them later if it is deemed that they weren't the issue.

Also like Steve said, have you made any changes to the sync profiles of email, fb, twitter, Google + or any weather, stocks, news or sports widgets. Beautiful weather and ESPN score center wreak havock on my galaxy nexus battery but I just deal with it. All social networking sites I set to manually sync and email once every 2 hours. I've been seeing 10-12 hours battery life on my gnex + extended battery which is about what I got with my thunderbolt with the 2750 mah battery.

I also highly recommend JuiceDefender Plus if you haven't already tried that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Ahhhh... Like old times Aggie......

• Like Like x 1
  6. McGoo47

McGoo47 New Member

Dec 3, 2011
    I just brought it to a tech center they took out the battery placed it on a table and spun it like a top. The woman said that when u do that if the battery actually spins like a top then the battery is defective. It should be able to stop itself because the batter should be completly flat. She said hat there was a buldge that was in the battery. The buldge was so small u couldn't even see it. So they gave me a replacement batter since it was still under warrenty.

Thanks for ur suggestions...

McGoo47

7. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Interesting. Now every time I'm getting bad battery life I'm gonna go all OCD on my battery and start spinning it like a top! I hope that solves your problem. Please report back with your findings and let us know.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

8. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Glad you got it resolved. I am curious if you had occasions the battery would run down below 20%?