Thunderbolt Won't Wake Up During Call

Discussion in 'Android Rooting and Custom ROMs' started by geli7, Feb 2, 2012.

1. geli7

geli7 New Member

The screen on my phone turns off and stays off whenever the phone is activated. I cannot get the screen to turn back on. This is incredibly annoying. If the other party does not end the call (say it goes to voicemail or I have to pull up the numberpad to enter something) the only way I can end the call and get the screen to turn back on is to take the battery out and reboot. This has nothing to do with the proximity sensor. The phone goes to sleep instantly as soon as I hit the call button, or accept a call....and nothing short of taking the battery out will wake it.

This started just a few weeks ago, was fine before then. I tried updating my rom with a full factory reset (was using an older bamf rom, updated to bam forever 1.10) and that didn’t work. I downloaded the “screen on” app and set it to leave the screen on during active calls. It worked for a day or so and then stopped working.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? This is an absolute killer, I can’t continue using this device if I have to pull the battery whenever I want to end a call. Any advice at all would be very much appreciated.
  2. stevetaz

stevetaz Super Moderator Staff Member

Once a phone is rooted I would think it kind of makes quirks difficult to track down. I am just taking some wild stabs, but had you installed any new apps around the time the problem started?

Had you been playing with any of the power saving features?

Most important, how can you be so sure it is not the proximity sensor? Sounds like the most likely (or at least a prime) suspect to me. May be a software or driver kind of issue, but why not a failing piece of hardware?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

Since you are running a custom ROM, perhaps you can try a different developer. Maybe the dev you are using now has something weird in the code, that either just makes it weird, or conflicts with something you have installed?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. geli7

geli7 New Member

Thanks for the replies.

I figured it wasn't the proximity sensor because it's not as if it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, works better if I remove the case, etc. Though I suppose there is a chance the sensor completely shutdown.

Also, I tried pairing with a blue tooth headset and the phone worked fine, did not sleep during the call. Without blue tooth, immediately sleeps and doesn't wake.

Going to try a different developer and see what happens.
  6. geli7

geli7 New Member

Interesting results. Tried a different developer with a factory reset and the sleeping problem has been resolved, phone function works fine. However, the vibrate function is dead. Tried a few different developers and nothing. Phone will not vibrate at all...no haptic feedback, not on a text or call when set to vibrate, not while booting up, nothing. Any ideas? Thanks.
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

Wonder if there is a master setting somewhere in the ROM.
    Maybe ask the dev of that ROM....?