1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Took advantage of Moto X deal today

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, May 1, 2014.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

After spending a week or two with the Galaxy S4, I don't think it's the right Android phone for me. With Motorola running a promotion on the Moto X (for Mom's day), I decided to head over to Moto Maker and customize a Moto X. My decision was partly based on the size of the GS4, which I felt was too big and the over-reaching of Touch Wiz which dominates the UI, despite using Nova Launcher. I had a Moto G review unit lying around and gave that a spin yesterday. I realized just how much I appreciate stock Android.

So the combination of stock android, size and customization options, the Moto X seemed like a good fit. I'm a bit disappointed by the camera, but I'll have to deal with it. I opted for the 32GB model, GSM unlocked. I would have went developer, but you cannot customize those.

A big factor was my love affair for the wood backing. I seriously excited to see my creation. I went with bamboo, white and silver accents. I toyed with the idea of lime green, but played it safe.

I asked for a few opinions and most came back for the Moto X. Funny, I went back today and read my Moto X review from September, 2013. That guy made plenty of sense.:D

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Wow! Big changes in a short time.

I hope the new toy pleases you and meets your needs......When is it slated to arrive?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Just checked this morning and no change in status. As of now, it's slated for Friday delivery. I'm excited, not only for the phone, but for that awesome wood back. That's one thing you cannot get with any other device.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    So you will have kindling if ever caught on the tundra....LOL

Good luck with it! I am sure you will be keeping us up to date....

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Good move Chris. Weapondrift got a 32gb one too. Upgrade from the gnex for him.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Everything Android mobile app

7. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    And it is out for delivery! Earlier than expected.

8. Chancellor

Chancellor New Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Nice! I came so close to test driving one of these, sadly I don't have the disposable cash atm, maybe next time it goes on sale ☺.

9. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    My Moto X came with a bamboo back that had an imperfection. I called and they provided great service. The new one is on the way and should be here by Tuesday. This one is sitting on my desk, taunting me. I don't want to use for fear that something will happen to it (like me dropping it).

It does look awesome. I could have changed colors/accents if I would have liked, but went with the same color combo.

For my trouble, Motorola is sending a free set of headphones, a nice gesture.

10. sunilmkt

sunilmkt New Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Moto X has great hardware design with a new approach of android customization. It lacks some of the advanced functionality, but it is due to sake of simplicity, according to a spokesperson from Motorola. Overall its a great mobile with great features.

11. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    That is information about Moto X advantage. .