1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Touch screen keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by imported_Jake, Oct 31, 2008.

1. imported_Jake

imported_Jake New Member

Oct 31, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Has anyone put together a touch screen keyboard yet for Android? Don't get me wrong, I love my G1 keyboard, but a touch screen keyboard would be cool. I saw it on another site, but forgot where.

2. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006
    I saw the same thing, but not sure where. If I come across a link or if it shows up in Android market, I'll let you know. It would be nice to type without having to pull out the keyboard. A best of both worlds scenario.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. gothcube

gothcube New Member

Nov 6, 2008
    pretty sure google announced an update containing a virt keyboard by Q1 09. dont quote me tho, i cant remember where i read it

5. joeknows

joeknows New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Do you want it just to have a virtual keyboard, or do you think you will use it more then the physical keyboard? I wonder if the G1 has success with the onscreen keyboard, if they will go away with the actual physical keyboard in later revisions of the phone.

6. ctaylor52

ctaylor52 New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Keyboard Touch Screen

This is only the beginning of what Google has to offer as far as the G1 is concerned. I'm quite sure they will incorporate the virtual keyboard along with other upgrades. This is very exciting; it's really hard to wait.:)

7. glsda

Bronze

Oct 11, 2008

The entire line up of smart phones and their development is exciting to watch. Imaging what features we will be expecting and demanding in 2 to 3 years like why can't they get the video calling feature to work with texting or something like that.

8. schatzee

schatzee New Member

Nov 23, 2008
    This may sound stupid but I am worried about a complete touch keyboard. My fingernails are not too short and that may be hard to work. And what about big fingers? I'll be typing all kinds of crazy stuff!!

9. kronos

kronos New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    im with you. I have fat fingers and this would be touch on me. I had a hard time with my ipod touch.

10. glsda

Bronze

Oct 11, 2008
    I came from the Treo 650 and thought I would have problems with the 3G keyboard and I haven't. I have fat fingers as well.

11. BluCollaWorker

BluCollaWorker New Member

Dec 20, 2008
  12. kronos

kronos New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Cupcake will be a great update. I know I'm stoked.

13. glsda

Bronze

Oct 11, 2008
  14. BluCollaWorker

BluCollaWorker New Member

Dec 20, 2008
  15. glsda

Bronze

Oct 11, 2008