1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble after flashing ROM on HTC One S

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by rude boy, May 26, 2014.

1. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014

Sponsored Ad

so i just flashed the stock RUU back on to the phone... had issues going through the initial setup until i noticed what is going on, when i press on the left side of the screen the icon/app on the opposite responds. so for example in my keyboard, pressing q types p, caps does backspace, same goes for icons on the home screen, when i pull down notification screen and want to open settings i have to press on the clock on the opposite side. the 3 bottom buttons do work as expected.

- i restarted the deivce
    - i turned it all the way off and back on
    - i disabled Sense keyboard (via apps)
    issue persists

anyone any ideas? help a dude out... thanks in advance!

(i'm seriously being tested by Android ;}

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Which RUU did you restore? TMo?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    re-flashed once again, stock ROM... issue persist. Android is really testing me..

5. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    yes, got it from androidruu... same RUU i used last week to revert to stock, worked fine at that time.

6. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    getting slighty discouraged... tried 3rd party keyboard, updated Sense, all to no avail, put it on xda... is that place dead, or just not responsive to new posts :]

oh.. and there is work, which distracts me from this issue ;}

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Which stock ROM? TMo, AT&T, Telus, Bell, European, etc? Here is a lengthy list of what is available...

8. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    @stevetaz,

that's where I got it from, Tmo v3.14.. actually downloaded a different one yet the same, slightly smaller in size, was hoping the would make a difference which I did not.

9. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    if you missed it... more likely than not it's hardware and the (eBay) seller did what he could to help, then he decided to ship me another One S..

10. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Glad to see you are dealing with reputable sellers. I hope this resolves it for you....

11. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    oh yeah, actually shortly after that I got the Moto X, likely put the One S for sale since I'm not using it.

Sent from my XT1058 using Everything Android mobile app

12. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    I was wondering that.... Your other thread was talking about the pictures on the Moto X. (Back to Motorola, RB? Welcome "home"!)

13. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    indeed... been full circle actually using all OSes.. still have iPhones all over, but daily driver is the Moto X, like the crap out of it ;}

14. Rohit Sharma

Rohit Sharma New Member

Mar 5, 2015
    same problem with me bro!
    did you find a solution?

• Like Like x 1
  15. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Rohit, did you finish reading the thread??? In case you didn't understand it, it was a hardware issue. Rude Boy returned his phone to the seller he bought it from, and got a new one... Hope that solution works for you...

• Like Like x 1