1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying decided between the GS3 and the Iphone

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Bobjob987, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Bobjob987

Bobjob987 New Member

Oct 31, 2012

Sponsored Ad

My contract ends and I am about to get a new phone. I have narrowed it down between the GS3 and the Iphone. I was hoping someone would tell me what makes the GS3 better.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Any responses to this are personal opinion only. There is no definitive answer. YOU have to decide what YOU need and want in a phone and how you want to use them. Watch on-line reviews of both, go play with both, etc. Trust your eyes, hands and gut to make a decision.

And in reality, they are so freakinf similar anymore. They swipe, they dial, they download apps which you use. They all do the same thing, just in slightly different ways. They are 90% the same. It's the 10% stylistic and subtle interface differences that you want to decided which fits best to your needs.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Erick Kincaid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2011
    i heard about the major issue in new iphone like bugs, map issues. So, i'm not recommending you iphone.

5. rom x

Bronze

Jun 27, 2011
    i agree with EQBob you should start by watching a ton of videos that will help you decide which phone is right for you. i think this part 1 video give you a one on one view of both ios and android and how they differ.
    watch part 1 and if you like then move on to parts 2,3,4 & 5.

6. Bobjob987

Bobjob987 New Member

Oct 31, 2012
    So really what you guys are telling me that as a non phone expert the only difference I will really notice is the name brand and the slightly different outer appearance. Thanks

7. Bobjob987

Bobjob987 New Member

Oct 31, 2012
    If that is the case I think I'm probably going with the GS3 on the simple fact that I have never been a mac fan. thanks again everyone

8. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Personal opinion here. Largely, yes. As a non-phone expert, while there are certainly interface differences and such, by and large, each operating system flat out works. That's why each has tens of millions of users.

Some might call and refer to the Apple operating system as more "locked down" while others may call the Google operating system "more open" and therefore more vulnerable, prone to problems, etc. Both of those are probably true characterizations. But how that impacts a user's desired functionality is still personal judgements based on that person's interpretation of what they want to do and how they want to do it. The videos RomX posted are a good insight ino different tasks and procedures and how they can be performed on different operating systems. There are probably similar ones expounding on the benefits of an iPhone.

Honestly, for a non-phone expert, it comes down to size, screen size, weight, battery life (again varies wildly between people), ability to pop-in a replacement battery, judgement of the quality of the camera in the phone, covers that you might wat on it, various program customizations, etc. Don;'t worry about the nonsense of rooting and all that, because none of that rot applies to 97%+ of users.

Put both in your hands, in your pocket (just don't walk out of the store <G), play with the interface, go to the app store, etc. Size, weight, cost point, personal judgement and preference. That's what it comes down to.

9. Arthur Hakhverdian

Arthur Hakhverdian New Member

Oct 28, 2012
    When you weigh their pros and cons, which are so very many and specific, the two are roughly equally great. It depends on which pros and cons matter to you most. It might help give a better recommendation if you could share with us what you plan to generally use it for.

10. lopezam

lopezam New Member

Mar 5, 2013
    If you owned an Android Phone: Galaxy S3

If you owned an iPhone: iPhone 5

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Everything Android