1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Turning stuff OFF

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by QueenTiye, May 3, 2010.

1. QueenTiye

QueenTiye New Member

Apr 26, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I know others must have asked, but, how do you turn things off? Music player, Skype, browsers, all power drainers. Sometimes I want them to run in the background as they do but sometimes I want to turn them off. HELP!!

QT

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Some have exit features when you hit menu others don't and you just hit the back button to exit the app.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. jim9112

jim9112 New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    a lot of people use some sort of task manager like advanced task killer

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    yea some people do
    i personally dont use them, i did when i had WM, but android really doesnt need one

6. QueenTiye

QueenTiye New Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Thanks. I'm going to look into a task manager, because I suspect I will need one. Having some apps turn off one way and some apps turn off another way is confusing.

Any good task managers to recommend? Any of them free?

QT

7. jim9112

jim9112 New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    i get a lot of use out of mine, sometimes my droid feels like its lagging and killing all applications seems to speed it up.

OP: if you search in app store there are a bunch of free ones i use advanced task killer and it works for me