1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Twitter apps not working much on AT&T

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Dec 13, 2010.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

This weekend I was using my Nexus One and had all sorts of issues with my Twitter app. It had a mind of it's own. Sometimes it would update the timeline in the background. When I would click to refresh, it would say "cannot retrieve tweets at this time". I tried Seesmic and it said I had incorrect login info (which is not the case).

Internet works, Market works, email, browser...all work.

Any idea why Twitter apps would be causing grief?

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Native Twitter apps on my Droid stinks. Tried just about all. Really like Twicca and Tweetcaster. Tweetcaster is probably better for you because it allows more than one account...

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Odd, I was able to tweet from the official Twitter app this morning. Again it wouldn't allow me to retrieve tweets. Seesmic won't even log me in. I ended up download Toutlier and it worked perfectly. I'll give Twicca a look -- I had that installed a while back. Is there a free version of Tweetcaster?

5. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Yes, there is a free version of Tweetcaster...It is what I use. The only difference is the ads. If phone is rooted, you can install Ad Free from market, and have no ads! (It's ME!!!):dft011:tounge_out